Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knock knock

euhh are we at Nostalgia?
    seems not Mario how can i delete this message!
    Last edited by whitetiger; 08-31-2006, 02:02 AM.

Originally posted by whitetiger
    euhh are we at Nostalgia?
    seems not Mario how can i delete this message!
    Indeed you are!

Now, you should be able to delete your message by clicking (as a start) the "edit" button, then under the message window, you'll see a row of buttons, one of which is the "delete" button.

But, unfortunately for you, being that I "quoted" you, the message, in a sort of "nostalgic irony" will always be there!
    "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

I don't know which to agree with you on more, the Pandora's box reference or that we are exhausted. But, the show must go on, so even if we have to crawl to the finish, we'll debate that one!

Here, I have a beginning thought: first of all, we really don't know "where we are." In other words, we may look and feel "real" but in "reality" (whatever that is) we are not. Are we projections? From what and from where? And how come we can actually remember the past (as it appears to us, because, in Quantum physics we learn that time has no arrow—meaning, no past, no future, and all the possibilities exist simultaneously) but not the "future?" We sometimes (and very involuntarily, might I add, see dreams that are prophetic. But, we can't really say that we can foretell the future, whereas we can remember the past, and sometimes, be trapped in its orbit. Nostalgia, in my personal experience is a handicap. I remember coming to the USA in 1979 and utterly shutting the door on my heritage. I was now "an American." After a five year stint in NYC, I moved to Massachusetts, hoping I would get even further from my native culture. So I settled in Watertown... which I later nicknamed "WatarTan" being that it was where all the East Coast Armenians resided... (I am half Armenian)... and, I don't have to tell you the number of Middle Easterners that reside in the Greater Washington D.C. Area. .. So, sometimes you cannot escape your "past." So I began to yearn for so many things I could cry. I won't mention them here because... well... that would defeat the whole purpose of the thread... and besides, just listen to "Divine Mystery" and it says it all... But, back to this issue, of how come we can remember the past and not the future... despite the belief I (for one) have and which says that all the possible scenarios of our existence already exist, and are playing, over, and over, and over, in their own closed loop.

But, let's take it one step at a time: Say you were able to travel faster than the speed of light... say... at the speed of "thought" (I think I am on the Moon, bingo, I'm there! Ain't nothin' faster than the speed of thought!). If that was true, then logically, you (or parts of you...that can...) would be able to catch up with every "wave" and "particle" that escaped planet Earth, as a result of an interaction. So, imagine being able to catch up all these "waves" (assuming they have not dissipated or faded out due to interference or friction) and traveling past them, then stopping ahead of them, thus giving them a chance to roll past you, once again, to give them a chance to catch up with you, so that you can "replay" them again... Of course, in this insane example, you wouldn't have any audio... only "VIDEO" ... since the sound we hear on planet Earth is transmitted via airwaves. But, what about the electrical impulses that trigger our brain to mechanically recreate that which we are thinking (on a real or subconscious level) of saying. I suppose, I am saying, that just like a RADIO or TV, we, humans, are tuned to some "frequencies" that make us think, act, and speak, and all these "frequencies" are the building block of the universe.

The problem is this... I think the 3 dimensional "Universe" we exist in (or perceive) consists of (relatively speaking) 2 dimensional layers or orbits, all closed on themselves. There is no way to "see" beyond the "past" or the "now" in a closed loop. The "now" ...( are you getting all this?... because I'm NOT!) ... is the result of traveling between loops. Since (theoretically, there is "void" between the loops) we are therefore flying with zero visibility until we intercept another loop and so on...

All that aside, and because we need to give a Daheshist perspective: Doctor Dahesh himself wrote that, when he dies, we should not linger in the past and keep on living and growing, etc. (I have to find the exact poem, but it's true).

I'll stop here... because I think I short circuited my brain!
      Last edited by Mario; 08-31-2006, 12:30 PM.
      "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Working...
      X