One person's comments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One person's comments...

This was relayed, via telephone, to a very close and dear friend. Since its author claimed that he or she represented the opinion of "Everyone" we feel that it is acceptable to post it publicly... Not unless there's someone out there named "Everyone"... Anyway, if we made an error in transcribing the message in any way, please let us know.

"Tell Mario that Everyone thinks that Mario is crazy, and that anybody who comes in contact with him or with Daheshville, will have their spiritual fluids degenerate. Also, what he is saying will dissuade certain peoples, such as devout catholics, from entering Daheshism, therefore he is hurting Daheshism."

Dahesville Says: "Thank you very much for taking the time to express your thoughts and we hope you will join us one day in person. May God bless you."

Last edited by Daheshville; 10-04-2006, 10:57 AM.

That person owes Hussein a big thank you...

Some of you will notice that 3 posts were removed.

For those of you who already saw them, our heartfelt apologies. Things got a little bit out of hand.

Brother Hussein wrote us a letter that reminded us that, ultimately, Daheshville needs to remain a positive influence and a place where people can grow spiritually, despite those who wish it to crumble.

He is right, and as such, these 3 posts were removed.

If Daheshville is meant to be, then no one, however powerful or wealthy will poison it.

And, as we said, the person who sent that message of hate owes Hussein a big thank you.
    Last edited by Daheshville; 10-04-2006, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Hope we will be

Dear brother Mario,

I appreciate what you have done, and really it means a lot to me.

Daheshville, it should be the wonderfull place, where most of the Daheshists should meet each other in love and in peace.

It should be the place, where can all of us post our posts and threads, to explain the Daheshism concept out of our pesonal disagreements.

Teach each other the love and forgiveness.Treat the others as you like to be treated, make your Flag " love your enemies".

Teaching the others the meaning of Faith. And the rescue of this miserable planet, will never be unless we improve our done.

All religions are the rivers of the truth, none of them is better than the others, none of them has the completely Truth, complete each other.

All of the Beloved Prophets are the fingers of the God's Mercy. By them we see the right way to the heaven. And by their principles and instructions we raise our Sayyals to deserve the paradise.

No seperately salvation. We are brothers and we should forever. And how we could be in happiness and our brothers are suffering the pains. We should help each other to raise our Sayyals. We have to find the excuses for the mistaken, and support him to correct the mistakes.

Together, we will be more strong. Hope we will be.

Best regards
      Last edited by Hussein; 10-04-2006, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetiger
        what happened to the sisters Hussein we agreed to take them always with us i heard God doesn't accept singles in paradise
        I think we all agree that when Hussein says "Brothers" he also includes the "Sisters." Just like when I said "man" in my recent post, but I actually meant "humanity." And just like when Gandhi says "All men are brothers."

And, by the way my dear mario, I am sure we (the sisters) can find our own way to "Paradise" ...

Sandrine
        Last edited by Sandrine; 10-04-2006, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Hello there brothers and sisters of this beautiful planet called “EARTH”,

Is there also room for a woman how is not member of this “gang” but would love to interact with people about the subjects you talk about?
          I have read some of the threads and I have a lot of questions, but I will start off with my most important ones … if I may be so free

What is the goal of this debate site?
          Is it important to have a religion for this site?
          Why are you going into very specific details and history?

Well that’s it … see what happened next .. hi hi!!
          Have a lovely day and enjoy the moment my dear brothers and sisters …

Tinkel

Comment

Answers

Originally posted by Tinkel_G View Post
            Hello there brothers and sisters of this beautiful planet called “EARTH”,

Is there also room for a woman how is not member of this “gang” but would love to interact with people about the subjects you talk about?
            I have read some of the threads and I have a lot of questions, but I will start off with my most important ones … if I may be so free

What is the goal of this debate site?
            Is it important to have a religion for this site?
            Why are you going into very specific details and history?

Well that’s it … see what happened next .. hi hi!!
            Have a lovely day and enjoy the moment my dear brothers and sisters …

Tinkel
            Greetings and thank you for joining us (the few that we are!)

I honestly can't say that I know what the goal of the site is. I can tell you this though, it all started about 10 years ago when a group of loyal and devout Daheshists, who have inherited the legacy (museum, manuscripts, and library) of Salim Moussa Achi (A.K.A. Dr. Dahesh), and who would eventually go on to found the an organization known as "The Dahesh Museum" which—in all fairness— was not meant to be a storefront for "Daheshism"—went on record (when asked by a leading art review magazine) declaring (through their official spokesperson, who is now the Museum Director) a preposterous statement. Here is the actual quote:

Kaplan goes even further. Speaking on behalf of the board, she denies that Dr. Dahesh founded the spiritual movement. "He didn't establish it," Kaplan says. "The fact is, these people (Daheshists), that's what they say. He never proclaimed himself anything, not a prophet, not a reincarnation. He never claimed anything that people are claiming for him. He was born a Christian, and he must have been very charismatic."

Since then, and outside of a magazine called "Dahesh Voice" (ironically published by the same people who own the Dahesh Museum) and which to the best of our knowledge neither refuted the above statement, nor admits that IT believes in Doctor Dahesh as being a Prophet (instead, the two organizations—The Dahesh Museum and The Daheshist Publishing Company) still maintain an almost total secrecy about what it really believes. For example, Dr. Dahesh is referred to as a philosopher... a writer... a poet... a humanist... you name... Anything, but a prophet.

The reason is that, perhaps, the fine people running these organizations do not think that the masses are intelligent enough to make a distinction between a cult organization and an honest-to-goodness faith-based organization that is trying to organize as an official and (hopefully) recognized and respected religion.

So, as a first response to what we thought was a highly unwise strategy (which as anyone who Googles "Dahesh" can see that their "spin" of the Dahesh story might have forever paved a road from which there is no return) we felt that he had to make a stand.

We believed that there was a fundamental difference between remaining discreet and misleading the public—whatever the motivation may be.

Sooner or later, the truth would have come out. But what would the public think if the same organization that lied about its roots and involvement in a religion (let's be totally candid here) were to later unleash the kind of material we often see published here (indirectly) by "Doctor Ghazi Brax" the editor in Chief the Dahesh Voice?

Therefore, one the hand, and given what many (dearly departed) Daheshists (starting with Dahesh himself) have sacrificed, we owed it to them to make their contributions not go in vain—one single minute longer.

Secondly: We believe that Daheshism is not something you eventually shove down people's throat and expect them to ... get it. I've said it a few times already and here goes: Dahesh used to say that it took him 20 years to explain the nuances of Daheshism to a person.

Since we can all agree (please humor me...) that we are not as conversant with the subject matter as he is... and since he showed by example ... what better vehicle to start things off right than a site that offers in part, a debate center?

Another reason this site exists is because some of who actually had the honor to live with Dahesh (and I mean LIVED, and not merely visited and stayed over as guests at his residence. I mean, lived with him, day in and day out) feel it is our duty to preserve the truth as well as dispel some myths.

Furthermore, many never knew Doctor Dahesh except from what they have heard from their family members and/or family. Some (and here is where I will get to the issue of religion) may think that everyone bowed and prayed all day long at the Doctor's house. Or, that he walked around with a halo over his head. Well, sometimes, I am sure, there might have been a halo as well as a myriad of fantastic occurences—we refer to as "Miracles—and sometimes people, in private, in their own corner, wrote a prayer, then quietly went to the beloved guiding prophet (who might have been busy unpacking a box containing a valuable item he purchased because it might have contained an ancient spiritual fluid that links it to the Daheshist Mission) and asked him to sign his prayer before he went off to the kitchen, where a few people were sitting around the table eating (as people normally do in kitchens) grabbed a small ceramic dish blackened with the trace of perhaps hundreds if not thousands of burnt offerings before it, lit a match and quietly burnt the carefully folded piece of yellow paper—while ever so softly repeating to him or herself, "In the name of God, and the Beloved Guiding Prophet, the Six Personalities, and the Fluid 20, that my prayer be answered God willing." Then, after that, go back and finish the work he came to the house to do. May it be correcting the manuscripts, archiving, moving things around, or just to hang out... and even to play a game of "Tarnib"... I know the Doctor himself one time said to me "Do you know how to play Tarnib" I said "Not at all" to which he said "come let me teach you." (I lost miserably!)

All this brings us to "What is Religion?"

We, those Daheshists who have LIVED with Doctor Dahesh, would kiss the ground he walked on. And, you know what? He would have refused. In another post, I tell the story of how he refused that a young man kisses his hand. He even said "God Forbid!" (Istakhfara Allah).

We would have kissed his feet because he was an incredible gift to us. Furthermore, of what he endured.

Everything that I experienced with Doctor Dahesh pointed out at the notion that he did not necessarily favor a world where there is Organized Religion as people normally see it. Spirituality? YES. Belief in God? YES. Belief in him being the prophet that is Christ Returned? Absolutely (and I will prove it!)

But why would a prophet who championed freedom so much even discuss Religion? Well, because perhaps TRUE religion has nothing to do with what we USUALLY see happening in the world of organized religion.

I tell you right now: I am NO priest. But, if you were to consider someone like me (as "evil" and "crazy" as I have been accused of being... read the first post above) as a priest simply because you trust in the fact that I don't have any agenda, and all that I wish to do is convey my knowledge AND my experiences to you (and, also be open to LEARNING) from you as well, where would the harm be?

Which brings us to another—yet extremely important—reason why Daheshville exists: so that we would have a system of checks and balances: not everything that is written can be taken literally. There are nuances. Otherwise, we wouldn't be (supposedly) waiting on a multi-volume to appear (soon we hope) and which is supposed to be everything the Doctor wanted us to know about anything.

If it was a cut-and-dry affair, or black and white, we could have done with simply the old and the new testament, right? Well, obviously, these documents need upgrading so that man and woman of the 21st century (and beyond, God willing) can comprehend what and why God (or the creating force) wishes of man and woman.

Personally, I've lived my life without most of these "sacred texts" and for the most part, everything I say is by inference and deduction. Does that mean I don't wish that others look for and follow the texts? No (take my word for it). Nor is it my business to dictate what one's relationship to the texts should be. However, and back to the cheks-and-balance system and my personal experience, I consider this web site as a sentinel: If we see anyone attempt to use information as a means to exert power they will be exposed. No mercy. Daheshist or not, human is human!

Daheshism, wether a spiritual mission or organized religion must echo the environment that the prophet himself built. In that environment, there was other things beside "prayer." What exactly? Well, that's why the stories present in the ever growing "streets and neighborhoods" of this budding web site are for.

In terms of the specific details and history: #1 so that the Daheshists know what happened and why they call themselves Daheshists. #2 so that those who committed the crimes against Dahesh and Daheshism admit and show remorse. When you consider that (according to prophecy) THEIR actions brought so much misery and destruction (add to that the fact that not one citizen lifted a finger to assist, complain, or defend) there is a lot a stake, especially if "the sons will pay for the sins of theirs fathers."

All of us, as well as our descendents, can be reduced to pure energy that is conscious and is accountable for its action.

The first step towards purification is admitting we committed a mistake, then the rest is in the hand of God.

Let it be known that this business of committing a sin then being pardoned by a priest during confession is a myth as far as we are concerned. If a man has within him the power the erase all the mistakes, he would no longer be a man... I may be wrong... but I've gotten the impression that not even God can erase man's mistakes. The system he created is flawless in that everything in it happens so that balance is restored. God may give man more time... but once man's time is up... whatever he's sawn he shall reap. Yes, that includes woman as well.

Therefore. If a man or woman commit a crime or wilfully hurt someome, someone and they think they are getting away with it simply because they keep making more money, drive bigger cars, and feel on top of the world... beware... Their sons or daughters might suffer so that they "pay" the fee... and there is no telling what awaits them once they "wake up" from that "dream" they call "living on planet Earth."

Anyway... That was the "short version!"

Goodnight.

Mario
            Last edited by Mario; 10-11-2006, 05:53 AM.
            "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Good Morning Mario,

Thank you for taking time to answer.
              I had to laugh reading this was the short version
              For me it was a little difficult to understand it totally, but that is not your fault. I do not know anything about Daheshism … I even have to check if I write it well at this moment .. hi hi.
              I will try to check for some more information later this week, when I’m free again. (Having any tips)

About this sentence in you thread:

Mario said: I tell you right now: I am NO priest. But, if you were to consider someone like me (as "evil" and "crazy" as I have been accused of being... read the first post

I have never take accusing’s from 3th persons seriously. We have never meet and the page is blanc … and I never would call people crazy or evil. There are only humans on this planet with all kind of backgrounds and idea … that’s it! For me I only see the soul … and your will to shine in this world.

Mario said: "the sons will pay for the sins of theirs fathers."
              All of us, as well as our descendents, can be reduced to pure energy that is conscious and is accountable for its action.

All kind of unsolved issues can be passed on by our mothers and fathers but I see it as my responsibility to work this karma out of the my system … and therefore break the chain of pain in the family. So that in the future I don’t pass it on and feel more free. Of course it’s my duty to not build new pain but we have to be realistic here that although I give it my 100% attention and devotion …. i’m human and not yet enlightened ..

Hi hi and uhh by the way, if you talk about “men” … I totally understand we are here meaning human kind in the variety of male and female
              Thanks again for responding.

Have a wonderful day and cherish every moment is given to you!

Tinkel

Comment

Mounir Wrote:

Just a comment
                Everything made sense to me Mario , except "Not Even God can..."
                I dont know what God you imagined but the real God is above imagination and can do whatever he wishes

Thanks
                Mounir

Hi Mounir,

As I said, I might be wrong. Perhaps it is not an issue of "can't" but "won't." Here is a perfect example: as we later came to know and understand, Dr. Dahesh suffered many devastating bodily injuries in order to "absorb" the harm that would have befallen certain Daheshists during the Civil War. Why didn't God simply grant the Prophet's wish? These are mysteries perhaps beyond our understanding. Same goes with the notion that we have free will coexisting with destiny...

Best

Mario
                Last edited by Daheshville; 10-31-2007, 05:27 AM.
                "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Thanks Tinkel!

Rest assured that I don't take these sorts of accusations seriously. However, that does not mean we should not have a little fun with the "accusers"

And, please... "i’m human and not yet enlightened"... And at the risk of being presumptuous... Any man or woman (and Dog or Cat for that matter...) who would ever say—with a straight face— "I am enlightened" is kidding him/her/...itself. The way it usually works is thusly: The more we are enlightened, the less we typically think we are. (Whisper: This is really meant for a few people I know and who won't even admit to themselves they read what we post )

If and when you have time, you might like to check out Dahesh.org (where it all began).

BUT, that is not a prerequisite to enjoy this site. Once again, THANK YOU for participating.

You really want to know what this site is about? Finding a sense of balance, peace, and harmony— Oh, alright, and the occasional "sense of chaos" every now and then—even for one fleeting minute per day.

Best,

Mario
                  Last edited by Mario; 10-10-2006, 05:15 AM.
                  "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Hello Mario

Indeed mystery is great as Albert einstein said :
                    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
                    but God promised his prophets the success,a promise no matter the sufferings. Maybe sufferings are important to get a higher grade

Comment

Dear Sonic,

God is great, yes ...

This is just a thought that came across ... i respect you and your reality totally ... so it's just somthing to share with you.

... did you know we humans can do also what ever we want and that there are no limits at it all.
                      If only we believed, breath and felt it that way ... if we had no doubts of that reality.
                      A lot is still cloudy and unbelieveble for a lot of people, but sure is that we only use 10% of our brain (the ego/intelligence part) ... we haven't been expanding anything of our deeper spiritual self.
                      By the way I do not mean deeper spiritual self ... knowing every detail of all the beautiful, wise and holy books but behind the thinking and behind the words ... the god given wisedom in our soul. There is where God put the wisedom for us all ... in.

Let your soul shine too show us the wisedom that is put in there.
                      Looking forward to your respons ...
                      Tinkel

Comment

just a word

Just a comment
                        Everything made sense to me Mario , except "Not Even God can..."
                        I dont know what God you imagined but the real God is above imagination and can do whatever he wishes

Thanks
                        Mounir

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                          Indeed mystery is great as Albert einstein said :
                          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
                          but God promised his prophets the success,a promise no matter the sufferings. Maybe sufferings are important to get a higher grade
                          Yes, but Einstein still believed in science and scientific methodology. Furthermore, he always said "God does not play dice" referring to the interpretations of reality that Quantum physics—which ironically saw the light of day thanks to Einstein— was suggesting, and which would eventually give rise to a lot of people thinking they can "mind-bend" spoons from a distance and other such claims.

In other, words, Einstein believed in a world run by strict laws. He might not have been able to finish his "Grand unification theory" which would have shown that (for example) there is no contradiction between relativistic and quantum science, he was STILL a believer, just like Newton (whose laws he saved from oblivion thanks to his Special Theory of relativity) in that the universe had strict laws... He was pretty much a classical physicist.

Mario
                          Last edited by Daheshville; 10-11-2006, 03:03 AM.
                          "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

suggestion

Well said Mario!
                            I do not believe that one bite the other (religion-quantum-physics).
                            Anyway do you all know the movie/documentary : What the Bleep do we know ..
                            Nice film for people with an open-mind

Have a nice day you all!
                            Tinkel

Comment

The Cosmic Code

Originally posted by Tinkel_G View Post
                              Anyway do you all know the movie/documentary : What the Bleep do we know ..
                              Thank you Tinkel. As far as the movie is concerned, I have seen it, and I do agree that it is a great documentary. The sequel was even better (I saw a couple of clips on YouTube.com).

I will recommend reading THE COSMIC CODE by Heinz R. Pagels. When I read that in the late 1980's it truly opened my eyes at the fact that I was using "science" the wrong way and that nothing, not even Miracles, can (in the context of SCIENCE) prove the existence of GOD and that reaching that particular realization is the result of ... nothing we can quantify, detect, or even describe. Quantum Physics/Reality was (in my case) a formidable rite of passage. I also came to realize that some innocent minds are better off not venturing in it. So, that's why, I will not recommend that they read THE COSMIC CODE by Heinz R. Pagels.

PS. I recommend
                              http://www.dahesh.org/daheshist_journey.html
                              Last edited by Mario; 10-11-2006, 04:29 AM.
                              "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Working...
                              X