The Three Components of Daheshist Understanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Three Components of Daheshist Understanding

An interesting thing happened to me while still in "dreamland" earlier today. Just before I woke up, Doctor Dahesh appeared to me and gave me a very clear assignment: I was to write and present a synopsis of what are supposed to be the three main building blocks of Daheshist understanding. In other words, and as I understood it myself, the key to balanced living on planet Earth (and spiritual advancement).

Before I proceed, I would just like to mention that in the past, and following in the footsteps of others, I began posting my dreams involving Doctor Dahesh on Daheshville. Eventually, I stopped and the reasons for that are well documented here as well.

That was some time ago. Probably years. Sad days indeed...

Since then, I've kept the dreams involving Doctor Dahesh to myself (and "family members") and made sure I entered and dated each one of them in my notebooks.

As of this post, I estimate that my notebooks contain well over 40 entries.
    Do they contain anything of value? Are they all random images that were born from random brain activity? Who knows.

But this one, dated May 11, 2010, 3:30 a.m. EST begged that I break my silence — I simply do not want to take chances.

What makes it unique?

Well, this was one of those rare instances when I witnessed the Doctor give me clear instructions. Furthermore, he even set a deadline for it: I was to finish this on Wednesday (Today).

Like I said, he gave me a short list to present to ... whom? Well, that is something that I am unclear about. In the dream, he mentions that someone else was going to use that synopsis as the basis of their book (thesis, or dissertation) about Daheshism.

In other words, I am merely to present an outline that someone else will use as the launching pad for their work.

The three main components, therefore, are as follows, and in the order in which He presented them to me:

"RELATIONSHIP TO MONEY" (I understood that to mean all the dynamics involved in acquiring and dispensing it, the traps, responsibilities, and interwoven direct and side-effects of money.)

"BELIEF IN REINCARNATION" (Here, we would touch on the vast subjects of Spiritual Fluids, life on other worlds and so on...)

"ACCEPTANCE OF DEATH" (Perhaps the toughest subject of all, that of one's mortality and one's ability to accept what death — in the final analysis — is. )

There you have it, the three main parts (or headings) and in the order in which Doctor Dahesh presented to me in that dream.
    Last edited by Mario; 05-12-2010, 07:11 PM. Reason: Grammar, typos, and clarification.
    "Fail, to succeed."

Originally posted by Mario View Post
    The three main components, therefore, are as follows, and in the order in which He presented them to me:

"RELATIONSHIP TO MONEY" (I understood that to mean all the dynamics involved in acquiring and dispensing it, the traps, responsibilities, and interwoven direct and side-effects of money.)

"BELIEF IN REINCARNATION" (Here, we would touch on the vast subjects of Spiritual Fluids, life on other worlds and so on...)

"ACCEPTANCE OF DEATH" (Perhaps the toughest subject of all, that of one's mortality and one's ability to accept what death — in the final analysis — is. )

There you have it, the three main parts (or headings) and in the order in which Doctor Dahesh presented to me in that dream.
    Relationship to Money

I find the mention of "relationship to money" interesting. There is an old saying "money is the root of all evil". This is not exactly what the original verse states. One Timothy 6:10 is the origin of this saying. The following is a link that gives various interpretations: http://bible.cc/1_timothy/6-10.htm.

I myself have wished to have wealth, but at the same time I have feared wealth. Maybe this is why I have never won the big lottery. In reality, I didn't want it for fear of the consequences. However, wealth earned and respected is a different story. If we earn wealth for doing the great things we wish to do, then the wealth that follows is our reward and our opportunity. If we pursue wealth for the sake of wealth, we put ourselves on a perilous course. Wealth can be an opportunity to perform even greater tasks that benefit not simply ourselves, but others as well.

Occasionally, some enterprising reporter will collect the stories of how sudden extreme wealth has affected people and their lives. It is astonishing how peoples lives are so often destroyed by undeserved wealth. The first predictable thing that happens is that people suddenly become a target for every greedy person in the vicinity and occasionally, the target of greedy people from around the world.

The notable successes are the people who remain alert and unchanged by unexpected wealth. The ones that stay in the same humble house that they always lived in, the ones who share their wealth with the people close to them and the deserving people they encounter.

Wealth is a great responsibility. It is not to be taken lightly. Intelligent stewardship of wealth will prevent that inheritor of wealth from falling into sin. In reality, how much wealth do we need? We need enough to provide us with housing that we can manage, to put food into our mouths to nourish our bodies, enough to provide for our families, enough to keep us in the main stream of human activity. Some need less.

When we have surplus, it is our duty to share. A good example, but not a perfect example is a person like Warren Buffet. The man still lives in the same house that he acquired early in his life. Here is a link to a brief biography: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett . His son has written a book, "Life is What You Make it: Finding Your Own Path to Fulfillment". In the book, Peter attempts to convey exactly what the title implies. Following is a brief synopsis of his life: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Buffett.

In this example, virtue, values, and responsibility are primary. Peter's father is not leaving as an inheritance to his children great wealth. Instead he is leaving to them great responsibility. Although he is leaving each of them a stipend, he is leaving them the responsibility of managing his wealth as managers of Warren Buffet's philanthropic legacy.

If one studies Warren Buffet, I am certain you will find flaws. But in regard to wealth, you will find a model of how to first create wealth and then how to not let it wreck your life. It is true that in 1977, Warren's marriage faltered and failed in the eyes of some, but he was able to avoid total destruction.

Wealth is like a two edged sword. One edge cuts to benefit, the other cuts to destroy. Humility, patience and trust in God are key virtues that may enable a person to maintain an awareness helping them to avoid the pitfalls of living a life of abundance.
    Last edited by Loup Solitaire; 05-13-2010, 03:49 PM. Reason: grammatical error correction and clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Mario View Post

Reincarnation

I have already documented my path leading to my belief in reincarnation: https://www.daheshville.org/showthread.php?t=993. It is difficult to explain to another why anyone should believe in reincarnation. But belief in reincarnation greatly eases acceptance of death. That is acceptance of physical death as a window or portal into the next phase of your spiritual existence. Daheshism does not teach that reincarnation is an end in itself, but rather part of a path in the process of spiritual perfection.

Belief in reincarnation is essential because it greatly enhances ones ability to realize the possibilities that follow or the realities that are. If you can get to the point where you can believe that God exists, what then follows? If we are to exist with God, in God, how do we get there? Any person with a little imagination and intelligence can recognize how pathetic our meager lives are. How can we ever evolve to a spiritual entity worthy of coexisting with God, unless, through a process continual spiritual refinement. As stated by Dr Dahesh, our life span is too short to accomplish that. If Adam lived close to a thousand years and then returned as various prophets and eventually as Christ, and yet he is still in a process of perfecting, why would we be different. Most likely, it would be complicated for mortals starting at a low station in the spiritual realm, as we mere mortals do, to progress to an elevated state worthy of inclusion into the realm of God.

This necessity of extensive spiritual development is the only substantial proof I can present for reincarnation. The remainder, is our individual life experience that continually guides us in the path that we follow. But due to the principle of "free will", we can stray from the desired path before we reach the end of our physical life. Then we would die in a greatly diminished spiritual condition as compared to the condition when we started.

Acceptance of Death

There is little to say about death really. How you live your life is far more important than death. If one can manage to maintain their dignity in death, they have accomplished much. Physical death is certain. Death will be painful. Some are lucky and their death is instantaneous. Some will die in their sleep. But for most, death is slow and painful. The most we can do is to maintain a sense of humility and exercise patience with ourselves and those who share our pain. But most importantly, we should trust in God.

But as we live our lives, we should not let fear of death prevent us from living, evolving, and interacting with the world. God's ultimate gift is eventual relief from the pain and the promise to allow us a second, third, fourth, and more chances to obtain immortality when we join God. Fear of death will be our worse enemy in life. Although we fear the pain of death, we should respect the opportunity that living presents to us. Every experience in life contributes something toward our development. To intentionally shorten our life is a sin. Even the death process can be crucial to our spiritual development.

Look forward to the opportunity that death allows us for reincarnation and the joy found in living those youthful, formative years. Look forward to those years in the middle between youth and death where so much self-actualization occurs. Those middle years are so important. The early years are consumed by exploration and establishment. But the middle years offer the opportunity to discover our reality, that is, exactly who we were, who we are, and who we should be. They too, are a period of discovery.

But fear of death inhibits our ability to function effectively. Limits our spiritual development, retards our spiritual growth. My personal experience is a good example of the liability of fear of death and pain that comes with aging. Despite experiencing difficulty due to diminished physical capabilities in my later years, I still find discovery plays a great part in this life of mine. At times, when I dwell on the negative issues of my decline, I find that I am crippled emotionally and spiritually. I, at times have become hampered in living a full life. I find that if I turn to God, answers of how to deal with this fall at my feet. Almost all of these answers are not found in modern medicine.

Fear of pain and death are the great cripplers. Reincarnation is the gift that will make it all worthwhile. That will be my reward. Then after many reiterations of life (6000 reincarnations according to Dr Dahesh), I will be joined with God. And that will be my ultimate reward.
      Last edited by Daheshville; 08-30-2022, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X