Daheshville Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daheshville Anniversary

We are coming upon our first year anniversary of Daheshville online. Anniversaries are always a time of reflection of where we have been, where are we going, what have we done, what do we hope to do.

I think our original mission statement and approach is still clear and appropriate: We want to be a fair and impartial voice to openly discuss the life and works and teachings of Dr. Dahesh. As a ‘group’ we try to bring forth a fairness and moderation and trust that as individuals we hold dear. There is no ‘right way’ to speak or share ideas here. There is no mindset that there is only one mindset. We do not censor opinions or ideas…whether any of us agree with them or not. The discussion of faith and belief can be a very emotional one and can often lead to heated discussions. We try to temper our emotions and bring forth and discuss the real issues at hand.

This is a place where we speak of Dr. Dahesh as our Guiding Prophet, our mentor. Those that come here are welcome as seekers of a truth that is inside of each of them, and each of us. The only rules are the rules of decorum…much like that of a dinner party that we are the guests at. All open discussion is fair and proper.

There is a place for many different thoughts and “camps’ of Daheshism. More and more it has come to light, that there are what seem to be entrenched camps of people that THEIR way is the way of Daheshism. THEIR drives and desires and visions are THE WAY of Daheshism. Within this mentality, there are two types of people; those on the INSIDE and those on the OUTSIDE; meaning those that agree with these individuals, and those that do not. Here in Daheshville, there is a place for all these camps, factions, belief systems and mentalities. Daheshism as founded by Dr. Dahesh, and Daheshville as created here, is about a call to UNITY. Daheshism is the unity of the ESSENCES of all the established religions of the world…the very ESSENCES of religions, not the dogmas that humans have overlaid or interpreted them to be. Daheshville was established to be free and open to all avenues of the human thought relative to an individual’s pursuit of the truth that makes sense to them…and to UNIFY. There are no insiders or outsiders here in Daheshville.

We view these different camps, as well…merely different neighborhoods of thought. We are open and welcoming to all.

Daheshville online, is the virtual version of what we hope one day will become a reality…a real Daheshville. The ‘real’ Daheshville may not even be called ‘Daheshville’… Maybe it is a Library or teaching institution, maybe it is a museum, maybe it is a temple. This virtual Daheshville is a place to come and learn and discuss ideas together, much like in a library or school or lecture hall. This is a place to learn about the history and life of Dr. Dahesh, much like in a museum or academic institution. This is a place to come share life’s experiences and pray…much like in a temple. The goal here is to be a community of compassion and information that deals with the whole person…much like we deal with our selves within our own individual real worlds.

Our goal here is UNITY and HARMONY. All are welcome from all backgrounds and faiths, and even the sub-faiths within the larger faiths…as all are welcome from the sub-groups of Daheshists within the larger collective of Daheshism. We call upon those that are gifted to write and share and document their experiences in Daheshism…if they have no place to publish their works, and they want to get their works read, they are welcome here. Their writings will get read! Their writings will get discussed!

What we are pleased about over this past year…Certainly we are pleased that we are here, and that you are here. We are pleased that there is a real forum here of real people (with real problems! and real questions!) that can come together and discuss real issues all within the context of Daheshism as founded by Dr. Dahesh. We do not have ‘the way’ or all ‘the answers’… that is the journey… the journey for all of us as individuals and the journey to help each other as a collective.

Daheshville is a place for those, such as myself that came to Daheshism having never met Dr. Dahesh…but having the desire within myself to find what made sense to me as ‘the truth’ … the truth of a world that made sense to me… intellectually and spiritually… to the very essence of my faith. The facts as I know them of the details of Daheshism have primarily and almost exclusively come to me because one person, a Daheshist that was very close to Dr. Dahesh, who believed in me. My questions and search for ‘the truth’ was always dealt with honestly, humbly and with almost excruciating detail so that the known information was conveyed to me as clearly and openly as possible. The way this one person believed in me and struggled to honestly convey what he knew to me…and to care for me and demystify what I was searching for… has almost become the model of how we discuss and convey information here in Daheshville.

This is also a place where those that have had experiences with Dr. Dahesh can openly come and share their experiences…to document and share these experiences as an incredible and meaningful part of history. Many have shared music, poems and other artistic expressions here. All of this is part of the experience of Daheshville.

We are not preparing the way for the return of Christ. In our world, in our belief, this has already happened… in Dr. Dahesh… our Beloved Prophet….Jesus Christ has already returned, as Dr. Dahesh and sadly, has left us… April 9, 1984. That was 23 years ago…and counting.

Daheshville is the portal for the managing of the accounts and facts and the happenings of where we are now in the world…as Daheshists. We are trying TO DO something…we are trying to leave behind something of value. We are trying to be there for the someone, somewhere that is out there searching. We are trying to be the safe haven of thought where there hasn’t been a safe haven before. We are trying to be the framework that other Daheshists and non Daheshists can come forward and share their experiences, share their words, share their thoughts.

We know that everything will come along in its own due time. For us, who have participated here, this is our effort, our contribution.

Daheshville~Year Two Revisited

Another year anniversary is approaching. June 1st will be the celebration of the 96th year since the birth of our prophet, Dr. Dahesh. There apparently has been some discrepancy of whether Dr. Dahesh's birth date was in 1909 or in 1912... the most recent research seems to confirm the date of 1912.

http://www.daheshville.com/forum/sho...highlight=1912

June 1st will also be the second anniversary of the launch of Daheshville.

I would like to encourage the members of Daheshville to think about selecting a collective time on this day that we can all be online together at or around the same time for a quiet moment of prayer and reflection. This would be the first of its kind online, and would honor and reflect the gatherings of Daheshists that have celebrated together in person in years past. We here are in many different time zones so I am not sure if 6:00am EST or 12:00PM EST or 6:00pm EST would generally be most convenient.

For starters, I am suggesting 12:00pm EST. This would make it 7:00pm in Europe, 7:00am in the Pacific, and 8:00pm in the Middle East... this seems central and somewhat reasonable in most time zones.

We are also looking in to possibly doing a reading or broadcast on Skype on this day that others can tune in to. We will keep the citizens of Daheshville posted as this develops.

Also, in years past, Daheshists have read poems, presented music or just shared personal thoughts on the 1st of June. Please contact me or the Daheshville Administrator if you have an questions or ideas you would like to present.
    Last edited by Johnson; 05-10-2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

On June 1st at 12:00 noon, EST, in honor of the birthday of Dr. Dahesh, there will be a virtual gathering on Skype. There will be a few short readings and some commentary and then a prayer will be made. Later in the day the transcript will be posted here online in Daheshville for those that are unable to tune in.

The details of the Skype address to tune in to listen to will be posted several days before June 1st.

If anyone has any suggestions or questions or would like to more formally participate, please contact me.

Thank you.
      David

Comment

Skype is not something I can participate during the day time. If a broadcast is going to be made, is it possible to utilize utube? That way I can pick it up in the evening from home.

Comment

Hi Ron... Thank you for your recommendation. I have been looking in to recording for a YouTube broadcast as well... we'll see what can be brought together between now and then. Hope you are doing well.

Comment

On June 1st at 11:30 am, EST, in honor of the birthday of Dr. Dahesh, there will be a virtual gathering on Skype. There will be a few short readings and some commentary and then a prayer will be made. Later in the day the transcript will be posted here online in Daheshville for those that are unable to tune in.

The Skype name to tune in to is "dmichaeljohnson"

If anyone has any suggestions or questions or would like to more formally participate, please contact me.

Even if you are unavailable to tune in to Skype, please check in on Daheshville during the day. June 1st is also Daheshville's second year anniversary online....

Comment

At 12:00 noon, EST here on Daheshville, following the short Skype broadcast and prayer, there will be a "lighting ceremony" presentation of "The Star of Dahesh Temple".

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
                On June 1st at 11:30 am, EST, in honor of the birthday of Dr. Dahesh, there will be a virtual gathering on Skype. There will be a few short readings and some commentary and then a prayer will be made. Later in the day the transcript will be posted here online in Daheshville for those that are unable to tune in.

Even if you are unavailable to tune in to Skype, please check in on Daheshville during the day. June 1st is also Daheshville's second year anniversary online....
                We are also in the process of trying to put together a short YouTube broadcast and getting it operational. If, and as this comes together, I will post the link for you.
                David

Comment

A blessed and happy June 1st to all the brothers and sisters... peace be with you all.

David

Comment

Happy first june anniversary for all daheshists around the world , i hope diffrences will be settled this year and that all the daheshists forget their personnal problems with each others for the sake of the holy message, and become again a loud and mighty voice in the world, at the end we are on the same boat and to make this boat move everyone of us have to swing their lollysticks over the water ,
                    and under the SPIRIT of CHRIST guidance we will arrive to safe shores

godspeed,
                    ali

Comment

Originally posted by boxfox View Post
                      Happy first june anniversary for all daheshists around the world , i hope diffrences will be settled this year and that all the daheshists forget their personnal problems with each others for the sake of the holy message, and become again a loud and mighty voice in the world, at the end we are on the same boat and to make this boat move everyone of us have to swing their lollysticks over the water ,
                      and under the SPIRIT of CHRIST guidance we will arrive to safe shores

godspeed,
                      ali
                      Beautifully said, Ali. May your words reach the ears and hearts of Daheshists everywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
                        On June 1st at 11:30 am, EST, in honor of the birthday of Dr. Dahesh, there will be a virtual gathering on Skype. There will be a few short readings and some commentary and then a prayer will be made. Later in the day a transcript or synopsis will be posted here online in Daheshville for those that are unable to tune in.

Come join us if you are able...

Comment

This is a happy day,
                          The Day commemorating the birth of our Beloved Guiding Prophet,
                          May we love each other and honor our Dear Beloved Guiding Prophet …
                          Happy June First 2008 to everyone …

“…Your faith oh Brothers and Sisters, is extended from Heaven it is firm as the tallest mountains …”

Excerpt of a speech written by Doctor Dahesh for June 1, 1980,—as well as recorded on audio cassette.

“…You (Oh Beloved Guiding Prophet) whose name is glorified by all the worlds—you before whom all the spirits bow!”

Excerpt of a letter from Brother Makali (president of the tenth planet "JAMALION"), a letter which ‘appeared’ for our Beloved Guiding Prophet on June 1, 1942

Comment

Sandrine... BEAUTIFUL photographs to go with the beautiful words of Dr. Dahesh...

Comment

Working...
                            X