In Dahesh's own words...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Dahesh's own words...

In the epilogue of his introduction to the second volume of his book, "Strange Tales and Marvelous Legends," Doctor Dahesh writes:

Our theory concerning reincarnation is, briefly, the following:

All Religions concede that man is born on this Earth and that in the course of his life he does good deeds and bad deeds, and that when he dies he goes to Heaven if his deeds were good, of to hell if they were bad.

A man's span of life varies from seventy to ninety years. Of these, thirty five are spent in sleep, four in sickness, and fifteen in irresponsible childhood. The few remaining years then, are those during which he is responsible for his conduct.

It is certain that he will not lead an exemplary life since our world is full of pitfalls on one can avoid. Women are constant temptation; love of money, power, vanity, all lead to perdition. Consequently according to what the founders of religion repeatedly reiterated, all human beings are doomed after death to burn eternally in the fires of hell, which is a gross injustice.

But great is the mercy of God, for he gave us a chance to cleanse our souls by granting us the benefit of reincarnation, perhaps as many as 6000 times in which to come back to Earth and strive to cleanse our souls from human foibles and raise them to celestial heights.

Through these 6000 reincarnations it becomes possible for a man to repent. If throughout this time his deeds remain evil he will deserve to burn in the eternal flames of hell in just remuneration.

This is the gist of the theory of reincarnation which I put before my readers whether they are prepared to believe it or not. We are all free to hold our views whether right or wrong and I hereby declare to all and sundry my belief in reincarnation as unshakable as my belief in the reality of my own existence.

Dr. Dahesh

January 21-1-1979

(Translator unknown)
    "Fail, to succeed."

Originally posted by Mario View Post
    In the epilogue of his introduction to the second volume of his book, "Strange Tales and Marvelous Legends," Doctor Dahesh writes:

Our theory concerning reincarnation is, briefly, the following:

All Religions concede that man is born on this Earth and that in the course of his life he does good deeds and bad deeds, and that when he dies he goes to Heaven if his deeds were good, of to hell if they were bad.

A man's span of life varies from seventy to ninety years. Of these, thirty five are spent in sleep, four in sickness, and fifteen in irresponsible childhood. The few remaining years then, are those during which he is responsible for his conduct.

It is certain that he will not lead an exemplary life since our world is full of pitfalls on one can avoid. Women are constant temptation; love of money, power, vanity, all lead to perdition. Consequently according to what the founders of religion repeatedly reiterated, all human beings are doomed after death to burn eternally in the fires of hell, which is a gross injustice.

But great is the mercy of God, for he gave us a chance to cleanse our souls by granting us the benefit of reincarnation, perhaps as many as 6000 times in which to come back to Earth and strive to cleanse our souls from human foibles and raise them to celestial heights.

Through these 6000 reincarnations it becomes possible for a man to repent. If throughout this time his deeds remain evil he will deserve to burn in the eternal flames of hell in just remuneration.

This is the gist of the theory of reincarnation which I put before my readers whether they are prepared to believe it or not. We are all free to hold our views whether right or wrong and I hereby declare to all and sundry my belief in reincarnation as unshakable as my belief in the reality of my own existence.

Dr. Dahesh

January 21-1-1979

(Translator unknown)
    How strange this passage makes me feel. Long ago, when I was much younger, I concluded that man must reincarnate in order to overcome his weaknesses that would enable him to become closer to being on a par with God and thus able to merit entry to a heavenly world. I could not accept that people were born with sufficient capacity to go through a single life cycle and merit entry to that heavenly world.

I spent a life time making mistakes simply to fully understand the nuances between the many shades of grey between right and wrong. Nothing is black and white. There are an infinite number of degrees between absolute right and absolute wrong. In almost all cases, I never intended to wrong anyone. But it happened and in some cases the results were severe.

In the beginning, I had no intention of a sin against God. But that is what it was. Each of us is an integral piece of God. Intentional or not, sins against others are committed. A sin against another is a sin against God. As the end draws near, life becomes increasing difficult knowing that those sins can not be taken back.

And then I learned of Dr Dahesh. He had founded a belief system that incorporated my belief and many more. For me, it gave me courage I never had before. I regret never having met or known personally this man. I can never fully appreciate what others may have seen first hand

Comment

You know, ordinarily, I would just allow you to have the last word. And an eloquent and poignant one at that. But, since you're 3 years shy of being a decade-long member of Daheshville, I'm going to make an exception:

Have you read this passage I posted a couple of years ago?
      And in that same Chapter, and leading up to his visiting that realm of the Prophets, Doctor Dahesh is taken to a mountain, from which he was able to see his Spiritual Fluids — those who were lofty and those who resided in the lower worlds. And that's where a revelation is given to him in terms of the dynamics involved in the interaction of the lofty and lowly Fluids. To put into very simple terms, he discovered that when we are tempted to do one action or the other, it is none other than our own spiritual fluids who are pulling our strings, if I may use the analogy of the puppet master. In other words, may they live in higher or lower levels, these Spiritual Fluids — which are extensions of ourselves existing in these other dimensions — want to attract our "energy" their way. Their respective survival depends on it.
      Listen, from where I'm sitting, I'll never know what it is to be in your shoes and not have met Doctor Dahesh. But I do know this:

Number one: you might have been with him, sometime in the 20th century, or at any time during the last 2,000 years.

Number two: there is no way you're "here" without some connection to him.

Number ten: there might still be time in this lifetime, to do something that will hopefully ensure meeting him, physically, once again.

I can't tell you what that might be. I mean, I could suggest it. But, then again, that might rob you of your right of passage and the ability to acquire the necessary credits to move ahead.
      "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Working...
      X