C'est Moi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C'est Moi!

I recently became aware of your Faith, and find it interesting for a number of reasons that I'm sure I'll get into....later...

I'm of Mormon background, and am a member of a small midwestern denomination called the Community of Christ, headquartered in the Kansas City area.

I've noticed that a number of you are Lebanese. I know it is a belated apology, but know that I am very sorry about what my government (USAmerica) and Israel did together to Lebanon last year.

Zionic

Greetings Zionic an "Bienvenue à Daheshville!"

Thank you for the courage to express kind and sensitive words that echo what millions of Americans are feeling about this whole disaster wrapped in tragedy.

I hope the weather is letting up a tad in the Kansas City area!

Mario
    "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Hello Zionic,

It was a great surprise to read some French words … Thank you !

May I ask you if you speak French?

Sandrine

Comment

Originally posted by Sandrine View Post
        Hello Zionic,

It was a great surprise to read some French words … Thank you !

May I ask you if you speak French?

Sandrine
        I don't speak French, though I do read it well enough (my method? I just take a wild-assed guess!). I blog at a website where probably half of the posts are in French, so it keeps me on my toes a little bit. The other two bloggers are in Quebec.

I speak southern-accented English...er...'Mericun! I also speak Thai and a smattering of Lao. I've been learning Spanish the last few months so that I can actually talk to my mother's side of the family. I've got lots of cousins in Zaragosa, Spain and thereabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario View Post
          Greetings Zionic an "Bienvenue à Daheshville!"

Thank you for the courage to express kind and sensitive words that echo what millions of Americans are feeling about this whole disaster wrapped in tragedy.

I hope the weather is letting up a tad in the Kansas City area!

Mario
          Yesturday it was sleeting....this morning we have nice powdery snow coming down. At least that's how it appears looking out my patio window.

Kansas does a very good job of keeping the roads clear of snow and ice....Missouri on the otherhand gets shut down by this kind of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by zionic View Post
            I speak southern-accented English...er...'Mericun! I also speak Thai and a smattering of Lao. I've been learning Spanish the last few months so that I can actually talk to my mother's side of the family. I've got lots of cousins in Zaragosa, Spain and thereabouts.
            That’s excellent !

So maybe you’ll travel to visit Spain ?

I live in France and we are lucky to be surrounded with wonderful countries like Spain and many others that I still have to visit ..

I've visited Italy which is also astonishing, especially if you appreciate Classical Art and Architecture... Florence is an amazing city.
            And ... you EAT really well in Italy ... one of my “Péché mignon” !

Anyway, Kansas City seems to be far away from Europe ... but you are lucky because looking at A Beautiful Landscape covered with snow is something I really love ... it must be superb !

Sandrine

Comment

Originally posted by zionic View Post
              Missouri on the otherhand gets shut down by this kind of stuff.
              Ditto with D.C.!
              "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandrine View Post
                That’s excellent !

So maybe you’ll travel to visit Spain ?

I live in France and we are lucky to be surrounded with wonderful countries like Spain and many others that I still have to visit ..

I've visited Italy which is also astonishing, especially if you appreciate Classical Art and Architecture... Florence is an amazing city.
                And ... you EAT really well in Italy ... one of my “Péché mignon” !

Anyway, Kansas City seems to be far away from Europe ... but you are lucky because looking at A Beautiful Landscape covered with snow is something I really love ... it must be superb !

Sandrine

I'm planning a business trip to Emilia-Romagna this spring, one of several I have planned. I just might also take the opportunity to go visit family in Spain and check out the Mondragon cooperatives not too far away in Basque Country.

I've never been to France...but I do want to visit Provence.

As for snow...well it's very pretty in mountains where it belongs....here on the prairie, it's just a solid sheet of ice and mush. LOL. burrr. cold....it was 6 degrees out there yesturday morning.

Zionic in icy-cold frozen Kansas City

Comment

Working...
                X