Dima Tannir and her Daheshist Knowledge Pretensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dima Tannir and her Daheshist Knowledge Pretensions

This is a poorly researched presentation full of fabrications. I mean, sure, some of the information is correct. Even a broken clock is technically correct twice a day; but does that make it a reliable timekeeping source?

As a flagrant case-in-point, at about 1:06 minutes in the presentation, Tannir claims that a picture is of Doctor Dahesh's father. Anyone who knows anything about Doctor Dahesh would have immediately recognized that the alleged picture of "the father on the right" was clearly cropped off from the picture on the left, which shows Doctor Dahesh's sister, Antoinette. Basically, Ms. Tannir took a classic portrait of Doctor Dahesh and his sister Antoinette, which Doctor Dahesh had published in one of his books and "doctored" it up.

Oh, and Doctor Dahesh was born in JERUSALEM and NOT in Bethlehem, as per her claim!

Talk by Dima Tannir . . . Dr. Salim Moussa Achi Details Date: 9/3/2017 Originally presented in Beirut View slides here. View live video here. Description This presentation explores who Dr. Salim Ac…
    Last edited by Daheshville; 07-22-2019, 12:36 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    "Fail, to succeed."

Do you happen to know from which book this image came from? Because I saw this image in an article before where they also claimed that these were his parents.

Comment

Originally posted by cryozo View Post
      Do you happen to know from which book this image came from? Because I saw this image in an article before where they also claimed that these were his parents.
      Not offhand, as I am away from my private library at the moment. So I can't reference the exact book whence this came.

Also, to anyone wishing to know what Doctor Dahesh did, said, to whom, when, and where, need only refer to his every volume in this “Dr. Dahesh’s Journeys Around the World." After all, he painstakingly spent countless hours faithfully logging EVERY thing.

They are a faithful diary and will, more than likely debunk many of the fake stories being circulated about him.
      "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Genealogy on Geni, a resource with over 245 million profiles of ancestors and living relatives.

This page claims that Antoinette was Moussa Maalouf's wife. That is false. (Well, maybe it's true in another dimension...)

Moussa Maalouf was her SON-IN-LAW.

Proof, once again, you can't trust ANYTHING on the web.

Comment

Doctor Dahesh was NOT a "HUMANIST"

To whoever is in charge of this page: https://www.geni.com/people/Dr-Dahes...00031480220378

DO YOUR RESEARCH.

Doctor Dahesh was NOT a HUMANIST.

"[Humanists] views humans as solely responsible for the promotion and development of individuals and emphasizes a concern for man in relation to the world."

Anyone who has EVER read Doctor Dahesh's writing would immediately laugh at the notion Doctor Dahesh would have ever taken such a position.

Furthermore...

"In modern times, humanist movements are typically non-religious movements aligned with secularism, and today humanism may refer to a non-theistic life stance centered on human agency and looking to science rather than revelation from a supernatural source to understand the world."

Comment

Working...
          X