A Spiritual Fluid of Christ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Spiritual Fluid of Christ?

This is speculative, but recently, someone had mentioned C.S. Lewis to me and I stumbled across these quotes:

C.S. Lewis is a quotable favorite among Latter-Day Saints - especially this quote:

"You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations — these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit — immortal horrors or everlasting splendours." - The Weight of Glory (1949)

I read his quotes now with new eyes and see a literary genius writing fanciful novels and describing Jesus Christ, Christianity, and virtues with seemingly deep spiritual understanding....Reminds me of someone.

Well, we know (for sure) that Kahlil Gibran (incidentally, that spelling was initially a typo... which stuck...as it was supposed to be Khalil.. the "kh" sound was already covered in the Symbol movies) has a Spiritual Fluid from Doctor Dahesh. In fact, compare both styles of writing and you'll find they are very similar, especially in the sense that they both are "holistic" ... In Arabic, we have a phrase which translates to "Easy yet inaccessible" ...take one word out and you've ruined the whole.

In Daheshism, we believe that Gibran was the precursor to Doctor Dahesh. Of course, both never crossed paths. Neither did Doctor Dahesh and Gandhi and we know that not only does Gandhi have a spiritual fluid from Christ, but he was named "The Prophet of the Twentieth Century" by Doctor Dahesh. And, incidentally, the murder of Gandhi carried repercussions worldwide—there is a whole section on that I should translate ... add that to the list.

We also know that it is possible that scientists and writers etc. to have a lofty spiritual fluid that inspires them to inspire humanity.

While that does not make them prophets, they are nevertheless important links in completing the big spiritual picture.

Personally, I admire C.S. Lewis, and Tolkien. Those who appreciate their work need only imagine a world without them.

So my opinion is this: anything is possible when it comes to those who have inspired humanity.

As a whole, I would tend to think that your thought process is correct.
    Last edited by Mario; 02-08-2008, 04:36 PM. Reason: Typos... And evidently, the Jedi Mind Trick does not work on them...
    "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Originally posted by Mario View Post
      We also know that it is possible that scientists and writers etc. to have a lofty spiritual fluid that inspires them to inspire humanity.

While that does not make them prophets, they are nevertheless important links in completing the big spiritual picture.

Personally, I admire C.S. Lewis, and Tolkien. Those who appreciate their work need only imagine a world without them.

So my opinion is this: anything is possible when it comes to those who have inspired humanity.

As a whole, I would tend to think that your thought process is correct.
      I agree with your assessment. I have to imagine that anyone who inspires us... take Beethoven for example, obviously has something from somewhere lofty... is this lofty connection a part of the spiritual fluid of Christ or Dr. Dahesh? We can never know unless it has been told to us by the Beloved Prophet... as it was regarding Kahlil Gibran and Ghandi to name two.

I think, if memory serves me correctly, Beethoven was said to have a fluid of the highest order from the world where the beauty of beautiful music originates...

Comment

Artists Who Inspire Us

About two years ago, I was doing research about Karen Carpenter. She has always been a personal favorite since I had listened to her lovely voice growing up - especially during the holidays. While researching her and her life, I thought to pray for her.

A few weeks later, I was having a particularly hard time. In a dream I saw her sitting on a little stool, dressed in a white gown. Her face was tan with hues of pink and blue. She sat and smiled at me. She was very beautiful. I woke up in awe of having such a dream.

I did a bit more research about her and discovered that members of my church had submitted her name for temple ordinances. This explained to me the white gown.

Sometimes a song of hers would come on the radio - often it would be an answer to another question or struggle I was having. The uncanniness of it would bring me to tears - especially to think that someone is aware and thinking of me. I believe I have made a friend.

Enya is another personal favorite with her soothing ethereal melodies... and harmonies. While listening to her music, I can't help but think that she and her team are bringing us sounds from a more harmonious realm.

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPaladin View Post
          About two years ago, I was doing research about Karen Carpenter. She has always been a personal favorite since I had listened to her lovely voice growing up - especially during the holidays. While researching her and her life, I thought to pray for her.

A few weeks later, I was having a particularly hard time. In a dream I saw her sitting on a little stool, dressed in a white gown. Her face was tan with hues of pink and blue. She sat and smiled at me. She was very beautiful. I woke up in awe of having such a dream.

I did a bit more research about her and discovered that members of my church had submitted her name for temple ordinances. This explained to me the white gown.

Sometimes a song of hers would come on the radio - often it would be an answer to another question or struggle I was having. The uncanniness of it would bring me to tears - especially to think that someone is aware and thinking of me. I believe I have made a friend.

Enya is another personal favorite with her soothing ethereal melodies... and harmonies. While listening to her music, I can't help but think that she and her team are bringing us sounds from a more harmonious realm.
          Karen Carpenter was my most favorite singer ever. Certainly her vocals were beautiful. But there was much more I could never articulate. When she died, I felt a deep sense of loss.

When my wife and I married in 1970, "We've Only Just Begun" was popular. Trust me, at age 26, I was not to be considered overly sentimental. But, I thought how appropriate, that such a song should be "Our Song" for my new bride and I. When I mentioned it to her, she looked at me as though I had three heads. Without saying a word, I immediately dropped the subject and never brought it up again.

Had anyone else sung that song, the thought would never have occurred to me. There was something about the person, the energy, the soul that made everything she sang very important to me.

I still think of her even when her music is not present, but only when a situation reminds me of one of her songs. How strange it was that I fell in love with her voice and her songs. I hardly ever remember seeing her on television or anywhere. I only heard her music, her singing.

For more information see http: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Carpenter

Comment

I share your feelings about Karen Carpenter.

I found this gem on you tube, albeit the image and sound quality is poor: It's the day the "Dick Carpenter Trio" won a $1000 during a TV Talent contest in 1968.

There is one part where you can see her real talent as a drummer.
            "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Thanks for pointing out "YOUTUBE". I glanced through several videos over the years of her career and some of the issues detailed in the Wikipedia bio became obvious. One, she seemed to be far more animated and lively when she was playing the drums. Strange, she was so gifted in voice, but so motivated by rhythm.

And she was so hung up on physical appearance, but I dare say most of her fans probably wouldn't have cared if she was fifty pounds heavier and healthy. Toward the end, sadly, in the eyes, she looked close to death.
              Last edited by Loup Solitaire; 02-10-2008, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Imagine yourself as someone dreaming of living in America in those days... what better ambassadors than The Carpenters, and I'll throw in BREAD as well. The drummer's exquisite work is immortalized in many of the musical pieces our Studio has produced. I had the pleasure of exchanging emails with Mike Botts a couple of months before his death, in which I thanked him for his contribution to my musical growth as well as (and here you might be surprised) giving me hope... Let me tell you, when you are in forced exile during a civil war and the only thing you have left is a bunch of BREAD 8-Track tapes, with sounds to inspire and soothe the troubled times (and yes, I would have thanked Beethoven as well for having composed the 7th... but he was not accessible...) In any case, after Mr. Botts passing, I acquired his collection of drum sounds designed to help songwriters build rhythm tracks... and you can hear the result in just about ever musical piece I composed in the last couple of years, and in every song whose lyrics were crafted by Sandrine. These are labors of love and I am especially happy that we are mentioning both Karen Carpenter and Mike Botts in this forum.

And, back to the Carpenters, on you tube you'll find some great interviews... compare those "stars" to today's...

Here are two great songs.

One is BREAD's, "Everything I own" written by David Gates in memory of his father, featuring Mike Botts on drums of course.
                The other by Mike Botts from a solo album, "Old Man's Lament"

This is Mike Bott's reply to me on September 8, 2005.

Hi Mario:
                Thank you for your kind and thoughtful E-mail, it's greatly appreciated. We're quite proud of the quality of our recordings and it's nice to know that they are still listened to and even used as a reference. Take care and bye for now. :-)
                The best from Botts

He passed away on Dec 9th, 2005.
                Last edited by Mario; 02-11-2008, 06:33 AM.
                "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

And just in case...

Here is Beethoven's 7th, featuring Karajan... the ONLY way to "FLY" Beethoven...

Incidentally, the fourth movement is played (perhaps) a lot faster than what some may be accustomed to hearing. I am not sure if this (don't laugh) had to do with the fact they had to fit the whole symphony on one LP Record back in the day. But I've personally always heard it played at this speed. It's a real workout in some places... That's OK though, the musicians probably rested during the Second movement... and see... this is what I mean David when I used to complain that Def Leopard always had the same tempo!

Anyway, if you love the 7th, that means you LOVE the 7th in a way that cannot match any other Symphony. The only critique I have is ... LIGHTING... This is obviously not taped live. The producers could have been a little inspired by Disney's Fantasia, such as this amazing sequence...
                  Last edited by Mario; 02-11-2008, 03:54 AM.
                  "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

And for the coup de grace...

... The Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in E Minor... (Of course, "E" has since reached legal age...)
                    "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

I am totally with you all on the connection with Karen Carpenter... and I echo everything that has been said here. Her musical talent and voice is almost haunting... I am glad to hear her being talked about... sadly her illness took her over... from what I have read, anorexia is one of the most difficult afflictions to "overcome"... in fact, no one I guess really overcomes it, one just sort of learns to live with it, but in reality, relapses are the norm...

It must have been so awful for those close to her to watch almost helplessly...

Another voice that I find magical is Art Garfunkel's... Listen to him sing "Bright Eyes" and "All I know"... as well as "For Emily wherever I may find her" from the Simon and Garfunkel days...

Comment

This "Rainy Days and Mondays" performed live.

And this absolute gem from the Tonight show... At some point Karen Carpenter explodes into some incredibly lush variations... and then listen the harmonies...
                        Last edited by Daheshville; 02-12-2008, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post

Another voice that I find magical is Art Garfunkel's... Listen to him sing "Bright Eyes" and "All I know"... as well as "For Emily wherever I may find her" from the Simon and Garfunkel days...
                          From Watership Down, an incredible movie about devotion and bravery, "Bright Eyes," an equally incredible song...

Comment

Martin Luther King, Jr.

I was very moved watching this today:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The Spirit of the Lord is the Spirit of Freedom and of Justice. It is this spirit that I believe was embodied in the person of Martin Luther King, Jr. I thank God for this man and for what he did for America and for the world.

Comment

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

I believe that it true.

Here is an interesting bit of information that I think is worth sharing:

The other day, I was watching an interview with Dr. William Cosby. Apparently, he had upset many African Americans due to the fact he is "airing dirty laundry."

His comment was (and I paraphrase) that those who complain about his airing dirty laundry about certain aspects of the African American *issues* are lazy and in denial. He also said that —while he is certainly not comparing himself to Dr. King—there was a time when some African Americans would blame Dr. King for their "troubles."

Apparently, his "activities" were making it hard for some of them to go to work...

Now that I have said that, I am going to mention, one more time, that any Daheshist who does not stand up and voice his or her voice regarding the fact that Rose Kaplan is the Director of the Dahesh Museum, knowing all too well that she is the one who spoke on behalf of the Trustees and said (in a nutshell) that Doctor Dahesh was not a prophet and that Daheshism does not exist, is worried more about his or her social status than what really matters.

We have recently received an incredibly powerful 4-minute audio speech delivered by Doctor Dahesh himself. It is so powerful that we decided not to feature it on the forum.

That is why, and after having heard that awe inspiring speech, I am even more convinced that reminding some Daheshists about this grave incident, its long terms ramifications, how it was swept under the carpet, how until today NOT one retraction or apology has been made, has taken a whole new level of urgency.

But I also know that my words are falling on many deaf ears...
                              "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Working...
                              X