Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journey of a Musk Rose

Hello everyone!

Sandrine and I just launched the unauthorized English and French versions of Doctor Dahesh's "Journey of a Musk Rose."

Enjoy and let us know what you think!

Mario
    "Fail, to succeed."

Beautiful translation Mario and Sandrine. It amazes and saddens me that more of Dr. Dahesh's works are not available to read. Oh well, through the great efforts like you have done here, it makes it possible. Thank you both so much...

It is late right now and my tired mind is fading... I am glad I got to read this story before signing off for the night. I hope we can delve in and analyze this story over the next few days.... Good night...

Comment

Thank you David.

Just a quick note: We worked very hard to preserve the integrity of the original Arabic Text. As a result, the translation may sound "wrong" or "redundant" etc., but it would have been a lot easier for us to interpret.

As Sandrine would say: "Do we understand all the Parables of our Lord Jesus Christ right off the bat?"

I am sorry if our translation will require that many actually stop and read and try to figure out the meaning of what is being said... But, isn't better for us to provide everyone with the closest possible match to the original (and hence allow everyone the ability to interpret these words along with us) versus Sandrine and I imposing our own view of what the Doctor was actually saying?

So, please keep that in mind.

Doctor Dahesh was a prophet and this story is (as far as we believe based on what he wrote in his Introduction) is "not imaginary."

That makes this a Holy Text.
      Last edited by Mario; 05-25-2008, 12:01 PM. Reason: Typos
      "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Wow... I wonder if Mermaids are in this physical dimension or another.

I was told I was once a sailor who had fallen overboard and a mermaid saved my life. I spent many days and nights on the shore looking and hoping to see her again. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and swam into the ocean to search for her until I drowned. The mermaid found my body and mourned my loss.

Was this real? I dunno. I don't remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPaladin View Post
          Wow... I wonder if Mermaids are in this physical dimension or another.

I was told I was once a sailor who had fallen overboard and a mermaid saved my life. I spent many days and nights on the shore looking and hoping to see her again. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and swam into the ocean to search for her until I drowned. The mermaid found my body and mourned my loss.

Was this real? I dunno. I don't remember it.
          Either way, it's a great story.

In terms of whether Mermaids are in this dimension or the other, I would tend to think that they are in ours and for a couple of reasons:

Firstly, as a young boy, I overheard my brother Chucri discuss the existence of a race of small ocean dwelling humanoids that are so powerful they can flip a ship over.

Secondly, while translating this story, I was wondering if "Male Mermaids" existed. From what I gather, they don't. If you notice at the end, the ruler of the mermaids says that Doris and Hector might reincarnate as one mermaid... or, at least, that's the meaning we get from the story.

OK, so if there are no male mermaids, they how would they reproduce?

Personally, while painting the image of the mermaids, I didn't see them as "part fish part human"... To me, they have to be mammals. And, they have to reproduce... somehow... but how?

Ah, well, if we go back to the initial post I placed regarding the Virgin Birth, we can see that Doctor Dahesh said that — even though science has not yet discovered it— a woman didn't need a man to produce (naturally) a baby.

One thing, however, I would tend to think that the baby would be a girl. Therefore, if the mermaids are a species of female humanoids that have adapted to breathing under water (just like we all did initially, while in the womb) and if they can reproduce on they own, they can only "create" females.

One thing we get out of this story is that in order to reincarnate as a Mermaid, a man and woman have to be truly in love.

And, on that note, anyone who claims that Doctor Dahesh did not—ultimately—believe in the existence of love (as rare as it might be) on planet Earth, would see that this story does not live up to the often too common temptation to quote Doctor Dahesh out of context.
          "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Originally posted by Mario View Post
            Doctor Dahesh was a prophet and this story is (as far as we believe based on what he wrote in his Introduction) is "not imaginary."

That makes this a Holy Text.
            Absolutely... and this story, as with Memoirs of a Dinar, first of all, are very moving and engaging stories, but more importantly, none of these stories are in fact, just stories. There is so much to garner from the subtext; that being that though Dr. Dahesh was a spiritually gifted writer, (he was in fact after all a PROPHET) his stories and metaphors and writing conventions were not just literary vehicles. I take his writing conventions as not just conventions but actual windows to a breadth of world realities that we had no idea existed... let alone imagined.

In this piece of The Journey of a Musk Rose, all of the action and characters occur in the real physical realm... in that light, here are a few ways that personally I feel this story speaks to us beyond just being a literary work:

•The actual consciousness of entities that normally we would not assign such lucid or tangible thoughts and consciousnesses to: The rose itself, the fish, the whales…

•The sheer power and forces in the universe with beings and worlds far beyond and more powerful and advanced than anything we could begin to understand… all under the same will and force of one God.

•The power and importance of dreams. The assuredness of the structure of our time and tenure in this world and in others.

•The actual existence of beings (mermaids) here on our very planet that previously only existed in lore and old legends.

•The existence of “extra-terrestrials” that visit and have visited our earthly realm…and their visits are not random and without cause or purpose.

•The circular nature of the interconnection of all things; even at levels of relationships we could never have imagined existing.

•The transformative and powerful aspect of deep, everlasting love.
            Last edited by Johnson; 05-25-2008, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Greetings brothers and sisters.
              Thanks so much for posting this great and beautiful comments.
              I would like to ask a question if you please, regarding some important information.

Personally I believe in the existence of other intelligent creatures on Earth; namely Genies.

Our guiding beloved prophet was inspired to write a story called: "The kingdom of the legions of genies."

He mentions that unlike human beings, they are made from fire. They dwell in the depths of oceans. He mentions that Atlantis city was sunk by their nuclear weapons.

But lets return to our subject. My questions is: Are the mermaids that you are mentioning the same genies that are mentioned by our guiding beloved prophet?

I ask that because the story of Dr. Dahesh mentions the presence of male genies; It's about a male genie who fell in love with a female human being.

If am wrong then please correct me. I need clarification.

Thanks again for your cooperation.

P.S. The story is in the second volume of Strange stories and wonderful takes, written by Dr. Dahesh

Comment

Dr. Dahesh's writings.

Greetings brothers and sisters.
                Thanks so much for posting this great and beautiful comments.
                I would like to ask a question if you please, regarding some important information.

Personally I believe in the existence of other intelligent creatures on Earth; namely Genies.

Our guiding beloved prophet was inspired to write a story called: "The kingdom of the legions of genies."

He mentions that unlike human beings, they are made from fire. They dwell in the depths of oceans. He mentions that Atlantis city was sunk by their nuclear weapons.

But lets return to our subject. My questions is: Are the mermaids that you are mentioning the same genies that are mentioned by our guiding beloved prophet?

I ask that because the story of Dr. Dahesh mentions the presence of male genies; It's about a male genie who fell in love with a female human being.

If am wrong then please correct me. I need clarification.

Thanks again for your cooperation.

P.S. The story is in the second volume of Strange stories and wonderful takes, written by Dr. Dahesh

Comment

Originally posted by Y.S. View Post
                  Are the mermaids that you are mentioning the same genies that are mentioned by our guiding beloved prophet?
                  So that we're clear, I only translated the short story that the Doctor wrote, and he talked about Mermaids, who were female. Just from reading the story, it didn't appear as though male mermaids exist. Furthermore, that begs the question, "If there are no male mermaids, then how are new mermaids conceived?" To answer that question, you'll need to search and find the original thread I started about the so-called "virgin birth," in which the Doctor shared with me an important revelation about the female reproductive system, one that is still hidden from scientists.

Happy hunting.
                  "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Working...
                  X