This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trails of Kahlil Gibran

I happened upon this quote of Khalil Gibran on a page of quotes supporting reincarnation:

"Brief were my days among you, and briefer still the words I have spoken. But should my voice fade in your ears, and my love vanish in your memory, then I will come again, and with a richer heart and lips more yielding to the spirit will I speak. Yes, I shall return with the time, and though death may hide me and the greater silence enfold me, yet again will I seek your understanding… Know, therefore, that from the greater silence I shall return. Forget not that I shall come back to you… A little while, a moment of rest upon the wind, and another woman shall bear me." - Kahlil Gibran

Moments later, I go into Facebook and see this ad:

The timing was so successive, it stood out to me significantly. So I post.
    Last edited by Daheshville; 07-27-2009, 03:14 PM. Reason: Original Kahlil Gibran link redirected readers to some New Age Religious site, where burried in there, was a quote by Gibran.

Trails of Spiritism...

You posted the above message right on the heels of our heated argument in which we clearly asked you to cease and desist from promoting Spiritualism on Daheshville.

The link you posted above (which we later edited), gave us the impression you were promoting Kahlil Gibran.

Why wouldn't we think so? The whole post screams "Kahlil Gibran" and the link reads "Kahlil Gibran."

We clicked on the link and we were taken to a web page that is part of "I DO" or "INTERDENOMINATIONAL DIVINE ORDER," which appeared to be some sort of New Age Spiritualist Religion...

The actual web page you initially sent us to (we checked) features a Newsletter boasting 5,152 words, amounting to 23,905 characters.

Somewhere in that ocean of words promoting a woman called Frances F. Sande that is supposed to be some reincarnation of something ... we managed to locate a few words (a mere quote) by Gibran:

"Brief were my days among you, and briefer still the words I have spoken. But should my voice fade in your ears, and my love vanish in your memory, then I will come again, and with a richer heart and lips more yielding to the spirit will I speak. Yes, I shall return with the time, and though death may hide me and the greater silence enfold me, yet again will I seek your understanding… Know, therefore, that from the greater silence I shall return. Forget not that I shall come back to you… A little while, a moment of rest upon the wind, and another woman shall bear me."
    A mere 112 words... out of 5,152 words on that page which clearly had nothing to do with Kahlil Gibran.

Still, we wanted to believe that this site was really about Kahlil Gibran... so we searched... and we read this in the "About Us" section:
    For those who are not familiar with INTERDENOMINATIONAL DIVINE ORDER, or “I DO” for short, the following brief description is given of the work that was carried out during the Last Age as they worked alongside The reincarnate Mother:

"I DO" were organized to help where it was needed, undenominationally working with cults, creeds or any organization. They also specialized in extra-sensory perception training, and helped those of super-intellect, for they felt to help one with these capacities was to help millions.

Spiritism 101 ...
    Last edited by Daheshville; 07-28-2009, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Be careful

You seem very intent on condemning spiritualism and condemning me for investigating its manifestations. Do you also condemn this website for posting a quote by Kahlil Gibran because they were in harmony with his words? Can you prove any (or all) of the testimonies concerning Frances F. Sande to be false, other than the pretense of what you believe Dr. Dahesh meant? How are these remarkable testimonies concerning her different/less valid than the testimonies of Dr. Dahesh? If Dr. Dahesh is believed to be the reincarnation of Christ, then wouldn't there also be others close to Jesus such as the Apostles, His Mother Mary, Joseph, Mary Magdalene, and others reincarnate around the world, and reveal themselves either spiritually or in the flesh, for the benefit and spiritual guidance of mankind?

Be wary in your inquisition, because you may, unawares, condemn the works and servants of God.

Comment

Thank you for the advice.

Originally posted by WingedPaladin View Post
        You seem very intent on condemning spiritualism and condemning me for investigating its manifestations. Do you also condemn this website for posting a quote by Kahlil Gibran because they were in harmony with his words?
        First of all, you're evading the real issue at hand here:

This is about you crossing the line and then asking for "forgiveness" only to back to your old ways.

We have certainly allowed you to "research" your beliefs, right here, in our Daheshist Home. There is ample proof of your "research" on Daheshville.

But let's go back to how this condemnation of Spiritism began:

Darrick Troy Evenson began to promote the lie that Daheshism is a branch of Spiritism.

That is the reason we condemned both he and spiritism.

You, on the other hand, and despite the fact that Darrick Troy Evenson (DTE) hurled insults at your own Faith (LDS), chose to condemn us for condemning spiritism while (oddly enough) choosing to abstain from condemning DTE's attack on the Mormons.

And when we asked you about it, your reply via private email (and we paraphrase) was the following: "He did not attack me personally"

So, there we have it:

DTE attacks the Mormons and defaces Daheshism by claiming it is a branch of Spiritism.

You, on the other hand, are allowed to post your words defending spiritism (right here on Daheshville), while turning a blind eye to DTE (because he did not attack you personally...)

Well, see, Winged Paladin, this is where the logic in your argument has a hole:

Initially (and in every case) we *never* attacked you (if that's what you want to call it) personally.

This is the pattern we have observed.

• You show up.
        • You promote an idea (under the guise of "research"... because, Lord knows Daheshville's bandwidth for which you don't pay a cent is here at your beckon call, to use as you please, whenever you want, for whatever you want)
        • We shoot down the idea.
        • You post a rebuttal and try to shove the idea down our throat.
        • We shoot down the idea even more.
        • You promote even more.
        • We get so annoyed with your behavior, we end up criticizing it.
        • You cry fowl and claim to be a victim.
        • Then... you try again.
        • We demote you to the rank of "Moderated Member" (in fact, you were the inspiration for the formation of that special member category).
        • You apologize and promise to behave.

But the issue at hand here is that of what constitutes a right and what constitutes a privilege, and this is where there seems to be either a lack of understanding or acceptance.

Your presence — as a member — in Daheshville is a privilege.

As long as you are in our home, you shall abide by our rules.

Secondly, we didn't condemn the web site for having posted a Gibran quote.

Instead, and after you've tried our patience for more than a couple of years, we (after having had it with you) condemned you for misrepresenting your intentions by presenting us with link that said "Kahlil Gibran" where in fact, the link was about someone who is (it turned out, and as far as we are concerned) a Charlatan.

It is not as if we — willingly — sought that site out and singled it out.

But when we are — for no fault of our own — made to view a website whose content is objectionable from a Daheshist point of view, we have the right to render an opinion.

If such opinion does not please you and pushes you to compare us to the people who committed crimes against humanity, well, then... so be it.

Funny, though... if a person was just to read all your posts on Daheshville, he or she might get the idea that Daheshville is anything but a web site where Daheshism is taught.

Speaking of which...

Daheshville is a DAHESHIST SCHOOL founded, in part, by people who — for all you know — really lived with CHRIST RETURNED.

And, on that front, let's be clear on a couple of things:

Can you prove any (or all) of the testimonies concerning Frances F. Sande to be false, other than the pretense of what you believe Dr. Dahesh meant? How are these remarkable testimonies concerning her different/less valid than the testimonies of Dr. Dahesh?
        We can't prove anything that we are saying is true.

But that is not the issue here...

The issue is one of RESPECT.

You don't seem to want to LEAVE US ALONE as far as OUR BELIEFS!

THAT is the issue.

Are WE going out there, knocking on doors, forcing ANYTHING down people's throats?! Do we (The Founders, the TEACHERS at Daheshville) ever misrepresent our intentions? And by "WE" I mean "DAHESHVILLE" (We can't speak for others and we believe we've made our position on proselytizing clear)

Our only crime is that we are HONEST about our SOLICITED VIEWS and OPINIONS. And it is our right to limit the extent of YOUR UNSOLICITED VIEWS and OPINIONS.

And, if that paints DAHESHISM in a bad light in your eyes, so be it. At least, we've been honest.

It would help, though, that you carefully read and comprehend that which is written and not pick and choose only certain elements and reassemble them out of context in order to make us look bad.

If Dr. Dahesh is believed to be the reincarnation of Christ, then wouldn't there also be others close to Jesus such as the Apostles, His Mother Mary, Joseph, Mary Magdalene, and others reincarnate around the world, and reveal themselves either spiritually or in the flesh, for the benefit and spiritual guidance of mankind?
        This is obviously a rhetorical question to which you already have an answer. In other words, you don't really care about the Daheshist perspective — which we've given you on more than one occasion. And the fact that you keep asking (basically) the same question, over and over again, proves that you are either unwilling to accept the Daheshist perspective (your right) or are bent on making us change our minds about this issue.

You will never make us change our perspective and we have gone well beyond the call of duty by allowing the privilege to share yours.

But, there comes a time when a person who is privileged to attend a conference, a class, or any presentation and allowed to engage in a Q&A period, to recognize they have crossed the line and gone from being there to learn versus being there to impose their views on others.

Be wary in your inquisition, because you may, unawares, condemn the works and servants of God.
        Inquisition?

If you mean "an investigation conducted with little regard for individual rights" then, once again, your logic or premise is flawed.

The mere fact we grant you "air time," during which our valuable time is spent reading and addressing your UNSOLICITED questions and comments, disproves your theory that we are conducting an inquisition.

Comment

Working...
        X