Miracles involving apportation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miracles involving apportation

Among the miracles of Dahesh that I have been reading about in various books, the ones that impressed me the most are those that involve "apportation" or "teleportation".

Dr George Khabsa's diary that he had lost in France a decade before reappeared suddenly during a spiritual session.

Edward Noon's wife had a pen that was lost months earlier also "apported" by the spirit.

Munir Murad's mother (or aunt) had lost photos in her youth and they were brought to her.

These stories speak to everybody because all of us have lost stuff that we would like to find back.

There are also stories of a very big rock that was teleported from a village into Dahesh's living room.

And I read one story about a horse and a cow that were also teleported from the village. According to what I read, the owner asked Dahesh to send them back to the village after they appeared on the Beirut street, but Dahesh refused so that it would not be said that they were just a vision. So the owner had to rent a truck to drive his animals back to the village. That's a funny story !

From what I hear, these "big" miracles happened in the 1940's. Did anything similar happen later in the Dr's life ?

One thing to keep in mind is that while — theoretically— a true prophet of God, through which the *Spirit* known as "Brother Ali" was communicating and channeling powers that is the stuff of legends and Hollywood-Type movies, could have certainly done anything, it is always important to rely on credible sources as far as learning what miracles did indeed happen. May we have the source of the miracle involving the efficient transport of livestock? That would be a great help to all of our readers. Further comment on a couple of important subtleties in this story will be reserved until we all verify the source. Even it it was from mouth to ear, that's alright too.

That being said, one of the most amazing miracles that was recorded in Ghazi Brax's lecture (of the early Seventies) was this one (and this is rough summary):

A Daheshist family was in a car that had just turned a blind corner on a highway, only to find itself about to slam into a transport truck that had blocked the road due to some mechanical malfunction.

There was no way out. The driver slammed on the brakes and perhaps his life and that of each one inside the car flashed before them, the car slams into the truck... and finds itself on the other side, as if its atoms and particles went out of phase with our reality and — for that instant— the car and everyone inside it—was able to pass through the truck.

The driver of that car had been asked, before he and his family undertook this fateful trip, to burn a special Dahehsist Symbol, asking God to keep them from harm.
    Last edited by Daheshville; 07-10-2008, 11:51 AM.

Comment

My sources on the miracles involving apportation (istihdar) and teleportation (mu'jizat al naql) are the books available on the arabic website at

http://daheshisme.org/index1.html

in particular the books by Halim Dammous, Iskandar Chahine and Lutfi Radwan

Comment

Originally posted by Ziyad View Post
        My sources on the miracles involving apportation (istihdar) and teleportation (mu'jizat al naql) are the books available on the Arabic website at

http://daheshisme.org/index1.html

in particular the books by Halim Dammous, Iskandar Chahine and Lutfi Radwan
        Ziyad, Thank you for your contributions.

I can not read Arabic. I would consider it a great favor if you were to translate some segments of those books that you find the most interesting. I doubt that I will ever be able to read Arabic and I doubt these books will ever be translated into English or French. If they are available in French, let me know. I struggle with French, but at least I can get some of the substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziyad View Post
          And I read one story about a horse and a cow that were also teleported from the village. According to what I read, the owner asked Dahesh to send them back to the village after they appeared on the Beirut street, but Dahesh refused so that it would not be said that they were just a vision. So the owner had to rent a truck to drive his animals back to the village. That's a funny story !
          I would be very curious to see the original text/link etc. (if you don't mind) that cites that particular incident. The reason I say is because I feel something is just not right in the logic of that story (I don't doubt that you have faithfully relayed the nature of the incident as described) But having known the Doctor, his temperament, and his level of sensitivity and especially his respect for all forms of life, I am just finding it hard to believe that he would "refuse"... (and let us not forget that it is not the Doctor who decided what miracle occurred when, hence it was not up to him, really) and then the idea that a horse and cow are roaming free in Beirut all this time... I am curious to know who took care of them and provided shelter for them until they where safely re-transported back home.

Plus, this whole "logic" or "argument" that the Doctor wanted people to see that this was not a vision... OK, maybe those who saw the horse and cow suddenly appear can attest to the fact that this was a Miracle. But, then, what good would it do to maintain the animals in Beirut?

I am more prone to think that, perhaps, the owner of the animals said something he shouldn't have said, and as a result, and for him to learn his lesson, he was forced to drive all the way to Beirut...

You see, Doctor Dahesh was very shy, really.

Chucri Chakkour told me that, once, he was visiting some people (with perhaps Dr. Fareed... not sure... ) and once he got there, and the Host greeted him with open arms, the Doctor, utterly untrue to form, reprimanded the host for having said bad things about him, minutes earlier.

Now, according to the story, it wasn't the Doctor who spoke, but the mighty Brother Ali.

However, once the spirit of Brother Ali left the Doctor, and the Doctor (who had no idea of what happened during those few seconds) realized what happened, he blushed with embarrassment (Often, the Doctor would confide in me about a certain person, and would force himself to be patient with them despite what he knew about them...As I am sure he did when I frustrated him... And, sure, if the person was very close to him, and after his patience would have been pushed to the limit... yes...he would just tell it as it is. But, as a rule, and like that, right off the bat? never... Unless, the SPIRIT spoke through him.)

So, it's important that we analyze further the writing and subject it to the microscope, and never be afraid to ask certain logical questions if certain elements of a story do not "jive" with what know to be the premise.

Of course, it takes time to study and appreciate the "personality" of Doctor Dahesh.

In part, that is where that rare and lengthy audio recording will come into play. God willing...
          "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

OK, I checked and here is the exact story that I had written about from memory.

You are right, Mario, Dahesh did not "refuse" to send the livestock back to the village, but the guy did have to rent a truck to send the horse and cow back to the village.

My translation for Ron and those who do not speak Arabic :

"I remember that I attended a spiritual session with Dr Dahesh, and also present was Mr Daniel Oliver, and it appears that Dr Dahesh knew, through the spirit, that the Englishman still had doubts about his capabilities. So he asked him what did he want him to teleport from his house in Ras El Metn so that he would believe in his spiritual strength. So Oliver answered : "Bring me the horse and the cow that are in my farm." Apparently, he said that so that it would be impossible for Dahesh to do it. But he had not yet finished his sentence when he heard his horse neigh and his cow moo at the door of Dr Dahesh's house. He was forced to rent a "Lorie" car at an exorbitantly high price to send his animals back to his village. "

The story is in Lutfi Radwan's book on page 59.

http://daheshisme.org/Books/illust_a...i%20radwan.pdf

PS. I am pretty sure I read somewhere, maybe in another story, the "vision" argument when stuff where not sent back to their original place. I don't remember where I read it, and it might have been the author's or the witness' argument and not Dahesh's words.

PS 2. I am impressed by your knowledge of Dahesh's psychology, Mario ! You had to know his character pretty well to realize that it was out of character for him to "refuse".

PS 3. This story would be terrific in the Dahesh movie. Sci Fi and comic relief combined !

Comment

Aaaah... I have the book... Hold on (cue Elevator music...)

Indeed! In the book, it is told by Doctor Fareed (his affidavit begins on page 121).

Firstly, this is a prime example that we must work as a team. For example, not only did I have NO idea this story even existed, I had no idea it was there in the book Doctor Dahesh gave me as a gift when it first got published.

You might have noticed I began (finally) to read through it after all these years and I translated a couple of pages etc.

In any case, AHA, "Mr. Oliver" clearly MERITED to have his horse and cow transported. After all, a few pages before, we learn who Daniel Oliver was, where he lived and what his profession was... and how he thought he could spy on Doctor Dahesh.

In fact, and according to the story (and this is pure comedy): he knocks on the door, the door opens and Doctor Dahesh (who has never met him up until that time) SLAPS him (and hard) in the face.

Then, the Doctor brings him inside and gives him a piece of paper to read. On that paper Daniel Oliver read everything he was thinking of, what his plans were...

After that, Oliver visited Doctor Dahesh often and would become a Daheshist...

And, STILL, and after seeing all the miracles he had seen, the Doctor (through the Spirit) got wind of the fact that Oliver STILL doubted in his abilities... That's where you come in with that hilarious (and rightly so) incident.

Honesly? Oliver was lucky he was not teleported into outer space... and back!

That reminds me when the Doctor once asked me "Do you want me to turn your car (big Bonneville 5.7 station wagon) into the size of a matchbox?"

I said, "noooo, thank you! I need the car!"

Definitely, that's a gem of a story. And, thank you Ziyad, that is very kind of you to say. I am not certain if I merit the compliment, but I humbly accepted it nevertheless.
              "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Working...
              X