Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photocopy of Dahesh Symbol (before he burnt it as a prayer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photocopy of Dahesh Symbol (before he burnt it as a prayer)

On the 5th of July, 1980 at 2:06 p.m. Dahesh, shaken and upset after having witnessed a horrible argument between Daheshists, wrote and burnt the following prayer:

(I will translate it to the best of my abilities)

"I swear by God Almighty and the Great that, after burning this symbol, if any defamatory word or aggressive behavior (or attack) is exhibited by any brother or sister which will lead to the breaking up of the spiritual and lofty faith, then and there he (or she) will be kicked out of the (Daheshist) Mission. There has to be true LOVE, LOYALTY, and DEVOTION between the brothers (he probably also meant "sisters" as well) and I ask the GREAT SPIRIT to CONFIRM WHAT I WROTE BY GOD'S RIGHT."
    Here is a photocopy that was delivered to me via 2 Daheshists on behalf of one of the inheritors of the Dahesh Estate (in around 1990)—to reproduce and send to as many people as I can...

That's my handwriting to the bottom right side (transcribing the prayer).

I apologize for the watermark... We've had an issue with someone using our content in an inappropriate context. That way, at least, we can be alerted should anyone spot this image anywhere it is not supposed to be.

The ARABIC transcription reads (for those who wish to kindly correct my translation):

"Aksum bihak Allah Al'Aliy Al Atheem Bi Annahou Ba'd Hark Hatha Al Ramz
    Itha Badara min Aiy Akh Aou Oukht Aiy Kalimat Naabiyat
    aou tahajjoum
    yada' al akeedat al rouhyiiat al saamiat tatafakkak
    fa ith thaka yakhrouj min al risaalat tardan
    wa yajeb an yakoon hoob hakeeky wa ikhlaas wa tafaani bayna al ikhwat
    wa inny atloub min al rooh al 3Ithma ann tuthabbet ma dawwantuhu
    bihakkillah"

Last edited by Mario; 07-20-2007, 05:14 PM. Reason: Replacing "In God's Name" with "By God's Right" which is the literal translation of "BiHakk Allah."
    "Fail, to succeed."

Darrick Threatens Mario

This evening Mario received this unsolicited and threatening email from one Darrick Evenson whose email address is "[email protected]"

The mail simply reads:

Date: March 22, 2007 9:31:30 PM EST
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Mario

Mario,

If I ever meet you, you're gonna wish you have NEVER been born!
    Darrick

Immediately after receiving the email, Mario (and upon advice from his neighbor and friend who works with the Department of State) contacted the Washington State F.B.I. Office and they instructed him to fill out a report online (which he did). He also contacted local law enforcement who immeditately dispatched a Police Cruiser. The Police officer went to Mario's office and viewed the email, took a sampling of one of Darrick's emails to Ghazi Brax (who has been mentoring Darrick). The police officer also wrote down Darrick's web sites. A case number has been issued.

Last edited by Daheshville; 03-23-2007, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Well Darrick... Here we go. Firstly; you have openly threatened my brother Mario. And just so that you know, and I want you to be clear here; you threaten Mario, you threaten me. You think you scare us??? We do not fear you. We fear God alone. Your words are the idle ramblings of an inconsequential coward. You have shown yourself to be this time and time again... in your own words and actions; over and over and over again.

Secondly; We know who and where you are. An investigator has been retained by me and is compiling every piece of information that exists regarding you, your family and your associates from Tacoma to Lakewood to Puyallup to Ruston and beyond.

Thirdly; A case number has been assigned and a full report filed with local law enforcement regarding your actions here tonight. Additionally, all findings by the investigator will be continually added to this report.

Finally, Darrick... On a human note... I have to ask, what is your problem? What prompted such vitriol? Did you have lapse of reasoning? From everything I read about you however, these types of actions seem to be exactly your type of reasoning. Here is what you can do to start to make ammends (both for your spiritual and legal well being); It is incumbent upon you to issue a formal apology. That is all. God and life will sort out the rest of what happens next.

If rockets and bombs and a civil war didn't scare or break Mario, a keyboard warrior such as yourself is certainly not going to either.

Darrick, when you threaten one us, you threaten all of us.
      Last edited by Johnson; 03-23-2007, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Let's WAKE UP !!!

Unbelievable!!! …

I was quietly translating one of Marie Hadad’s beautiful short stories - on the occasion of the Daheshist New Year - when I was informed about Darrick’s threatening letter upon My Dear Brother Mario …

Darrick, please once again, listen to this :

A REAL Daheshist never hate and would never harm or hurt anyone unless he/she is moved by vital motives, or to defend himself/herself from any kind of attack and to protect his/her own vital integrity …

Mr Darrick Evenson where is your Daheshist enthusiasm ?
        Where is your Trust, where is your Faith ? …
        Do you realize that by acting this way you are deeply hurting what you considered yesterday to be "your beliefs" : The Divine Revelation that you seem to have been waiting for ever … ?
        Have you suddenly forgotten all this ?

Why so much energy lost in vain ?
        Why all your web sites, all this work .… for such a result ? … Why such a quick shift ?

How can you offend God this way … How can you threaten someone like Mario who has created "Daheshville" so that YOU Darrick, may have a platform where you could communicate and learn from brothers and sisters?

Don’t you remember how Mario was - and still is- patient, how he’s been providing you all the support he could offer ?

Now I would like to ask a question to our brother Mr Ghazi Brax:

Mr Brax, don’t you think that Darrick was YOUR student and that being so, you owe him a psychological support?

I may understand that you wasn’t able to give him all he needed - psychologically, humanly, spiritually speaking – then, why giving him so much information without any sort of precautions ?

I know that you are an erudite person Mr Ghazi Brax, and Believe me, I DO respect your knowledge, but why couldn’t we act as a team ?

When someone is able to theorize but unable to deal with the complexity of "human beings" … I think that he/she should require the help of those who are willing to take care of "The Human Being" which means dealing with : fears, doubts, pains, joys …

We’ve reached here the paroxysm of human absurdity and each one is comfortably confined in his/her own ivory tower …

I call this the Daheshist failure:

Living with a Prophet, learning so many truths from HIM, reading so many books, having all this knowledge brandished as a lost battle flag … BUT being incapable to deal with what makes the fragile, although beautiful, quintessence of every human being …

THIS is a SHAME and I pray God for His Forgiveness and Mercy !!!

Please my dear Brothers and Sisters it’s time to WAKE UP from this spiritual torpor !!!

Sandrine ...
        Last edited by Sandrine; 03-23-2007, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I don't yet quite regard myself to be a Daheshist, but the just the same a threat against my Daheshist brothers and sisters is a threat against me as well. Several weeks ago I blocked Darrick from sending me any email, so if he has tried to send me anything threatening I probably wouldn't know about it. Just the same: Darrick, don't mess with me. I'll be having a very interesting conversation with one of my first cousins in the US Marshall Service about this. Just in case.

Oh. And just for fun, because it is not a trivial question, I wonder if Darrick has now broken a terrorism law or two via his email to Mario?

Comment

http://www.daheshville.com/forum/announcement.php?f=2

Today is the first day of the Daheshist Calendar … and this is the perfect day to remember the Doctor’s own words to Yussef El Hajj – The First Daheshist Believer –announcing His vision of The Daheshist Brotherhood yet to come …

- "Brother El Hajj … you and me, we will form a Great Spiritual Brotherhood that will insufflate into her sons’ spirits :
            Life, Light and Knowledge … and this New Association will be a Second Redemption for Humanity".

According to Yussef El Hajj's report, The First Spiritual Session ended on the following words :

"Happy who will persevere until the end of the ordeal and Unhappiness upon who will stumble"

So yes, as David has so eloquently said : We fear God alone ...

« Mon Frère El Hajj ... toi et moi, nous allons former une Grande Confrérie Spirituelle qui soufflera dans l’esprit de ses fils, La Vie, La Lumière et La Connaissance ... et cette Nouvelle Association sera une Seconde Rédemption pour l’Humanité »

Heureux celui qui persévèrera jusqu’au bout de l’épreuve et Malheur à celui qui trébuchera ...
            Last edited by Sandrine; 03-23-2007, 01:47 PM.

Comment

the five minutes problem

First, i would like to say happy New Year to all.
              secondly, although i don't know both Mario and Darrik personally and after reading many threads on this website, i wasn't that much shocked regarding the threatening email sent to Marrio, i can see that Mario is a very calm person who deals with everything in reasonable ways, even Darrick has made a significant contribution to Daheshism, but i think he have multiple personalities, he's alright all the day but suddenly and for a short time he begin acting weirdly and there is a lot of people in this world who have this problem some of them has managed to fix them, i think a person must deal with things objectively than subjectively,
              Jesus said to forgive a person even if he slaps you 76 times on your cheek, i think if Darrik made a certain apology to Mario and clarified what he did, Mario have a big heart

Comment

My dear Brothers and Sisters,

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your testimonies of support !

Your words – publicly or privately – expressed and your presence around us is "The Expected Sign" of a "Collective spiritual consciousness" ...

That means much more than what our human vision is maybe able to embrace.

We would like to tell you that Darrick is now the subject of an investigation.
                Information and reports have been sent to the Police department legally concerned.

Now ... Events of such magnitude need to be analysed with a clear mind...

What happened yesterday opens the door to a much larger thought ...

This occurred on the 23th of March (first day of the Daheshist calendar) and without any doubts it questioned everyone:

Our new sympathizing friends have sent us an incredible flood of comforting and encouraging words.

The oldest generations of our Spiritual Fraternity – among them I can count my father and mother – feel sorely hurt.

The youngest Daheshists who are still full of energy and passion, full of hopes and dreams for the future of our Faith, have violently experienced this outrage. Their lovely impetuous hearts resound with the brutal echoes of such an injustice perpetrated against one of their brother...

"Life is short" and we try to make the best of it. We all have somewhere, hidden in our hearts : regrets, sorrows, pains and memories of days gone by ...

We’ve known "The abyssal zone" of pain and solitude after the departure of our Beloved Prophet for His Lofty Paradise ... finally relieved from this earthly prison ...

Reading again and again The Doctor’s prayer, I implore every Daheshist, who still have the ability to feel and express his/her fraternal love for his/her brother or sister to be aware that "Time for Unity" has come ...

"I swear by God Almighty and the Great that, after burning this symbol, if any defamatory word or aggressive behavior (or attack) is exhibited by any brother or sister which will lead to the breaking up of the spiritual and lofty faith, then and there he (or she) will be kicked out of the (Daheshist) Mission. There has to be true LOVE, LOYALTY, and DEVOTION between the brothers (he probably also meant "sisters" as well) and I ask the GREAT SPIRIT to CONFIRM WHAT I WROTE IN THE NAME OF GOD."

We’ve all suffered from dark days and now, we are able to realize "where" we really NEED or WANT to be ...

The time for quarrelling is now past, so please, let’s unify our forces ...

I would like to publicly declare that:

"Those who are gathered here in Daheshville are willing to work for the benefit of Our Mission, hand in hand with YOU ALL : Brothers and Sisters ..."

Again, please be assured that "This Place is YOUR Place" ... We NEED you ALL and we solemnly invite you to show The Strength of our faith when "evil" tries to threaten one of us ...

When one of our brothers is threatened, The whole Daheshist Mission is threatened!

Sandrine

Comment

I want to thank everyone that has responded with such support to this situation; both publicly and privately. I want you all to know that this is a wonderful testament to the character of each of you. This is a virtual forum where we can openly and safely discuss and learn together and learn from each other. Those that have "issues" and "problems" that threaten any one of us, threaten all of us and what we are doing here. The threats, while certainly taken seriously from a legal standpoint (and those "parties" involved would be amazed as to just how seriously law enforcement takes these issues; my sincerest appreciation to those involved in the various states that we have engaged their participation in!) we here as a community do not have fear of such taunts. Such taunts are the final desperate actions of someone that knows they have lost. What have "they" lost? We will never truly know what is in this individual's heart that would prompt such an action (although a Psychology 101 course from years ago, can certainly lead to numerous theories).

I truly feel sorry for this guy. We have gathered quite a file on him, and I can kind of see why he is unhappy the way he is. I can see why he is searching (albeit, under numerous false pretenses) for something that will seemingly elevate his stature within some community to match the level that his blind ego seems to feel he should exist at. However, no one should ever confuse compassion with weakness, or kindness with stupidity. We are neither.

I don't imagine this is the last we have heard from this individual. His ego has not hit bottom yet and his life has not yet achieved the feeling of importance he is seeking. His world and our world exists as it does because we have each chosen to make it so. One does not better one's lot in life by deception or threats or over the top actions...this has been the modus operandi of this individual.

Ghandi said "Be the change you want to see in the world."
                  Last edited by Johnson; 03-25-2007, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Darrick you have an instable Personality
                    And that makes me feel pity

How can you be so blind ?
                    for sure you are out of your mind

Mario spoke to you like a father to his son
                    a word that shines in a cloudy sky like a sun

But what i feel from you is only hatred
                    But hatred is double edge sword

You want to throw it on someone but
                    it is you who is got hurt everytime on your b_t

Comment

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

No words can express my gratitude. I feel honored and privileged. I feel I have a big extended family.

Also, I will paraphrase Sandrine's words which went right to the core of the matter: It doesn't matter who is right, who is wrong... What will be will be... Daheshism will thrive no matter what because it is a Divine Mission. But this is our test...

And, dear tyrant, whoever you may be:

Allow me to paraphrase Doctor Dahesh's own words...

We may be peaceful lambs—and we are. But if you dare to terrorize us or think you can rob us of our god-given freedom, we shall turn into a swarm of eagles and rip through your delusions of grandeur — from one pathetic illusion to another.
                      "Fail, to succeed."

Comment

Mounir Murad: &quot;On Being a Daheshist&quot;

While nothing would please Doctor Dahesh (who is most certainly looking at us from his Lofty World)more than the Daheshists getting along, the question becomes: when does it become acceptable for any Daheshist to openly criticize another's behavior?

The obvious answer is "never."

Or is it...

But, what do we know? We just report the news and we try — to the best of our abilities, to present a balanced view. In fact, Darrick Troy Evenson still sends us his remarks — some of which we publish.

Recently, and in response to a letter that a certain "M.M." wrote to Darrick Evenson (and sent through the email address of Dr. Ghazi Brax) Mr. Evenson rejected "M.M.'s" authority.

Once again, we don't know for sure what "M.M." stands for.

What followed, is an Essay by Mr. Mounir Murad, a Daheshist living in Virginia and who owns and operates a Daheshist-based web site (we actually have his link posted on Dahesh.org) and which is linked to a blog.

On Feb 22, 2009, Mr. Murad wrote a piece called "ON BEING A DAHESHIST" and we were impressed with one passage he wrote, and we'd like to repost here:
                        Neither Dr. Brax, nor I have an issue declaring our Spiritual credentials. The greatest hypocrisy takes place when individual arrogance places the true teachings of a religion as secondary to the fulfillment of personal glory. “Jesus noticed how some of the guests were choosing the best places, so he told this parable to all of them: “When someone invites you to a wedding feast, do not sit down in the best place."
                        Fair enough. So, for the record, Daheshville would like to openly declare that it is claiming nothing about anything.

However, and before that, Mr. Murad said the following:
                        In the past, many were frustrated by the inaction of certain Daheshists—especially the family entrusted with the writings and legacy of our Beloved Prophet. I candidly stated my opinion about certain issues, but at no instance that I publicly or privately assassinated their character or questioned their faith. They held the view that my Daheshist activities are premature and should stop.
                        Aside from the fact that — arguably — going on record and saying "many were frustrated by the inaction of certain Daheshists — especially the family entrusted with the writings and legacy of our Beloved Prophet" is passing judgment as openly and bluntly as can be about the Zahid Family, he apparently forgot his timeless words that were published in the NY TIMES as well as the OBSERVER.

If buildings had psyches, the strange little structure at 2 Columbus Circle would probably be in need of some serious counseling. At its birth, as Huntington Hartford’s Gallery of Modern Art,…

Columbus Circle Saga Goes On, as Lebanese Seek Hartford Gallery
                        by Andrew Rice | 7:00 PM May 14, 2000
                        Mounir Murad, a Daheshist who lives in Virginia ..., said many followers believe that when he entrusted his belongings and the publishing rights to his books to the Zahids, Dr. Dahesh also willed them leadership of the spiritual movement. Mr. Murad feels the family has betrayed that mission by downplaying Dr. Dahesh, who followed his art collection into exile and died in a suburban New York hospital in 1984.

What can be worse than publicly declaring, on the record, that the Zahids "betrayed that mission!"

Obviously this is open to debate (?)

Anyway, we are not here to incite a riot nor point the finger at the brave Mr. Murad. After all, Daheshville agrees with his timeless words he uttered in March of 2000. And, by doing so, we have most certainly been (and according to what he is implying in his essay) banned (or should be banned) from Daheshism!

But, if we are to be banned, then the same should apply to him, doesn't it?

Then again, perhaps thanks to his "Spiritual Credentials" he gets special treatment which gives him the right to contact at least one particular Daheshist and confide in him all sorts of opinions which (once again) would contradict his defense.

But, let us not rely on hearsay evidence. What Mr. Murad shared in private with another Daheshist about the Zahid family is his business.

On the other hand, the words he caused to be printed are not. And we cannot help but wonder what exactly his point in writing his essay was. Especially that, as we see, he is contradicting himself — again, the assumption here is that when someone openly describes the actions of another as a "Betrayal" that is the worst kind of "Character Assassination" that could ever be.

And, let the record show that he is not (for example) apologizing for what he said back in 2000.

No, he is denying ever having crossed the same line he is using in his own essay as tangible proof for his argument.

But let's say for argument's sake that back in 2000, Mr. Murad said:
                        many followers believe that when he entrusted his belongings and the publishing rights to his books to the Zahids, Dr. Dahesh also willed them leadership of the spiritual movement. Mr. Murad feels the family has betrayed that mission by downplaying Dr. Dahesh, who followed his art collection into exile and died in a suburban New York hospital in 1984.
                        Perhaps the question should be the following:

When there is clear and present danger staring Daheshism straight in the face as the result of the BEHAVIOR of certain Dahshists, should those who can critique them keep their mouths shut because someone is going to deploy Doctor Dahesh's prayer and go:

"Uh, uh, uh! You can't do that! Doing so, makes you eligible for immediate banishment from Daheshism!"
                        Do we not see the problem that this can generate?
                        Last edited by Daheshville; 11-03-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

It's interesting to see that the Doctor kept using the first version of the star, with the latest version of the header text.

Comment

Originally posted by Zein View Post
                            It's interesting to see that the Doctor kept using the first version of the star, with the latest version of the header text.
                            Good catch!

Incidentally, that particular Star design is known as the "جذبوها" version.

Comment

Originally posted by Daheshville View Post
                              Good catch!

Incidentally, that particular Star design is known as the "جذبوها" version.
                              And is the order of writing the letters in the star the same as in جذبوها ?

I understand it is an acronym for a sentence, like (صلعم) is short for صلى الله عليه وسلم

Can you please provide me with the full sentence of جذبوها ?

Comment

Working...
                              X